Gransnet forums

AIBU

Don't worry about it, OK, not a problem?

(6 Posts)
Nannyliz Sat 04-Jun-11 10:10:53

I agree with baggy, those responses are a bit mean. Most people would be grateful that you were trying to help. I certainly would never respond in that way to anyone who said either of your two phrases.

baggythecrust! Sat 04-Jun-11 09:16:49

grin

helshea Sat 04-Jun-11 07:39:12

sorry baggy was supposed to be a wink at the end of my last posting.

helshea Sat 04-Jun-11 07:38:08

Thanks baggy, but "Actually I'm not worrying about it!"

baggythecrust! Sat 04-Jun-11 07:28:21

Those responses do sound a bit mean to me. Maybe you should stop worrying about it! We all have idiosyncracies. wink

helshea Sat 04-Jun-11 07:12:56

Hi everyone.. I know there have been lots of discussions about grammar, and I am not perfect as I have come to realise... there are two phrases I need to stop saying because I get replies I hate.. and then I feel c**p!
When I am trying to sort someones problems out, or help them in some way I use the above two phrases, as in! "I'll sort that out for you, dont worry about it" or "ok that's fine, i will get that sorted it's not a problem" .... but then i sometimes get the answer back "well actually it is a problem to me" "or well actually I am not worrying about it, but you should" .. then if someone does something wrong and I am trying to make them feel better I say it again "Don't worry about it" and then they will say.. "Actually I'm not worrying about it" and that makes me feel bad too....... is it me.. or have people got a vendetta to make me feel bad!