Gransnet forums

AIBU

Face book

(29 Posts)
JessM Thu 23-Jun-11 06:19:18

Oh yes MoggieB - and most importantly talk to your GCs about safety.
Some of them befriend anyone who asks, even if they don't know them just so they appear to be popular. Some of them could be unknown adults.
Adults too do very stupid things. Teachers in a local school posting photos of the deputy head drunk, and pretending to pole dance, was an unfortunate example.
I use it to play scrabble, a move or two a day, with my DH. Real time scrabble with him too frustrating as each of his moves seems to last about an hour...
Also some younger folk seem to respond more reliably to a message via facebook than to a normal email.

MoggieB Thu 23-Jun-11 01:32:16

I love facebook. grin. Find out all sorts of interesting stuff. Check your your privacy settings tho.

harrigran Thu 23-Jun-11 00:26:17

Yes I am on facebook, I use it to post photos of grandchildren for rest of family. I keep in touch with friends from other parts of the country too.

Annika Wed 22-Jun-11 23:40:41

Is there anyone out there on facebook , I am and it is something I said i would never be on, but to my surprise I have found my way on there and I know it gets a lot of bad press, but I have found a few old friends I had lost touch with, I am able to chat to my daughter who lives any from me and have a little giggle at some of the things that are posted on there.
The long and the short of it is that as long as you are careful what you put on there it can be fun