Gransnet forums

AIBU

....to create a "virtual camper van " hop aboard everyone !

(156 Posts)
bikergran Tue 12-Jul-11 22:04:19

well!! we have a virtual shed lol..sooooooooo I thought how about a "Virtual Camper van" maybe one of the origanal VW fitted out with kitchen/loo and showr etc....awning of course...or we could have one of the super duper modern versions!..........We could set off on tour, travelling around the coastline and sneak inland for supplies now and then,maybe cut across country..(have to take turns washing up) smile
ermmm sorry menfolk! women only! shock havnt got a date or loctaion for setting off yet..and plan to be away some time.so don't wait up lol lol smile

bikergran Tue 19-Jul-11 21:30:32

ok....whooooooooooohooooooo we have departure date !!!!!!
roll up roll up.....get your billy cans ready....were almost ready for the off!!

now then we have a few changes!! ..seeing as though most are off on hols and comitments... I think we may have to have a change of plan!! (also I am easily confused and cannot rememeber who to pick up and where lol lol....lol.
so I propose a day out in Blackpool (with campervan and stay over night and sleep on the beach)...with campfire and BBQ.... we will meet under Blackpools landmark (the tower)... then we will all jump onnthe horse carriages and trot off along the prom..smile I have ordered the sunshine so we can dip our toes in the lovelt fresh tazmanian blue sea (hmm]......
see ya soon....with pick up and meet time.....goodnight all..
ohh can some one bring a corkscrew..! cant find mine.

glassortwo Mon 18-Jul-11 19:39:16

pompa great idea grin

bikergran Mon 18-Jul-11 19:39:08

Annika its ok we not setting off yet...the grannies are still lookingafte the kidlets...(granchildren) so we are waiting until all have finished school....smile give sus more time to pack..smile

bikergran Mon 18-Jul-11 19:37:32

lol pomp now now!

Annika Mon 18-Jul-11 19:18:13

What date are we going, only I am going to my granchildrens sports day tomorrow can you pick me up after it. I dont want to miss the sports day or our trip.hmm

pompa Mon 18-Jul-11 19:05:56

No problem taking a cow, she could walk, however when the VW is going uphill, the cow may overtake it !!

bikergran Mon 18-Jul-11 19:04:44

well!! was thinking of bringing Dorris the farners cow! but the famer said Dorris gets very travel sick!! so think we best leave that one! we shall make sure we make camp near local amenities at first until we get into the swing of things.....smile

Oh girls!!! dont forget your torch..[smiel]

Notsogrand Mon 18-Jul-11 18:59:37

Couldn't we bring our own cow for fresh milk? It would be very happy to trot along besides the van. They do this round here all the time (New Forest). Who would milk it though?

Annika Mon 18-Jul-11 18:53:52

Got sleeping bag ready and a few empty icecream boxes . Love the idea of stopping to "pick our own" there is one question I have ,where are we going to get our fresh milk from for our morning cuppa brew , will we be looking for a friendly farmer or will we be up to date and go to a super market , if we are going to a super market I must remember to bring my club card with me !smile

Notsogrand Mon 18-Jul-11 17:21:59

pompa .....brilliant! grin

pompa Mon 18-Jul-11 16:40:48

Go for a Pimms, all 5 in one glass. grin

glassortwo Mon 18-Jul-11 16:21:13

Does a twist of lemon in vodka and tonic count as 1 of your 5 a day grin

bikergran Mon 18-Jul-11 16:17:29

oh yessss im sure Dordo we will sit and much to our hearts content..we must try and get our 5 a day in!!

Dordor Mon 18-Jul-11 16:07:42

Right oh bikergran, I'll get the sleeping bag ready. No tupperware here, I'm afraid, but rather too many empty ice-cream pots, so will bring them. Do you think we'll pass any pick-your-own sites? I fancy the idea of all us van-grans frolicking between the rows of fruit and picking plenty to eat later. Hm, which means bringing full pots of ice-cream too.

bikergran Mon 18-Jul-11 16:01:14

Now then as we are nearing the departure date..you need to get your sleeping bags washed and ready..all your toileteries etc there will be hairdryers on site etc..we must try and travel light dont want the van over loaded. make sure you have flask and tupperware errmmm think some one had lots of Tupperware now then who was it???? maybe they will lend us all some or you can pinch the granchilds lunchboxes (they wont be needing them they will be on thier school break soon)...!! smile

bikergran Mon 18-Jul-11 15:57:42

oh yesssss janthea have you got any?? yes brings some !!

lol pompa smile

janthea Mon 18-Jul-11 15:06:58

bikergran Line dancing sounds fun! Does that mean we can bring some country music CDs.

harrigran Sun 17-Jul-11 21:16:53

not sure about pompa hmm pompa might not be a noun grin

pompa Sun 17-Jul-11 20:27:50

NO fear !!!!! if I got caught, you might have an unusual trophy flying from your aerial.

bikergran Sun 17-Jul-11 20:20:13

pompa (you could always be a stowaway and sneak under the bunks)!!! wink

pompa Sun 17-Jul-11 20:12:32

Looks like I'm redundant again sad. Time to sort out shed.

bikergran Sun 17-Jul-11 19:32:09

you clever gals! im proud of you all.wink
still waitng for a medic?? but glassortwo seeing as though you have changed clutch n brake pads it must be similar to surgery so if we need to take anyones appendix out shock then you will do nicely ,,,gulp!

glassortwo Sun 17-Jul-11 19:25:47

I have changed a clutch and brake pads.

Annobel Sun 17-Jul-11 19:02:32

I used to know my way around a Beetle engine (a real Beetle, not one of those disguised Golfs). I don't suppose the campervan's works can be so very different!

bikergran Sun 17-Jul-11 17:48:13

lol @ pompa................ lol well did my course about 20 yrs ago so maybe I have missed the boat!

Oh I feel guilty now....what do you think Ladies? pompa or no pompa I we will go with the flow? smile

Fiist aiders!! do we have any Medical peeps on board?? you know!..nothing exceptional..just some one who can sew/bit of cotton needle n bit of stcikig plaster n Detol ....lol dont need to be a brain surgeon. must be able to perform the kiss of life though!! just in case we Do! take any males on board and they faint at our "Beauty" .....shock