Gransnet forums

AIBU

Where were you all!!! i thought it was quiet!!!!! I waited for hours??

(30 Posts)
bikergran Thu 28-Jul-11 17:37:18

I waited n waited for hours n hours..under Blackpool Tower on Monday!!I thought "where are they all" hmm I have bbq ribbs, big fat yummy chocolate cake!! ice cream... and lots n lots of bottles of wine wine wine wine
even bought plastic glasses!! sooooo I thought hmm must not have got my message..soooooooooo I set off to the beach..where I shared my booty with a male metal detector! I asked him to join me in a wine he couldnt get over quick enough!! grin his metal detector went straight for my undergarments!!shock but I put him straight that it ws just the safety pin holding my knickers up shock...I could see he was just after my wine wine so I gave him short thrift!! ..........after a while I thought hmmm im bit lonley here so I nipped across the road to this borded up shop with an arrow that pointed round the corner (you had to use the back entrance)!! hmm..hanging up in a packet were 2 infaltable dolls..! one male one female..so I bought both...but myyyyyyyyy by the time I had blown them up I was cream crackerad!! we shared a few more glasses of wine then thought hmm why not light the BBQ...Which I did,,as i turned back round ,, I could see only One of my new friends!! OHHHHH dear! I thought...and it was then I looked to see a pile of melted plastic in a little pile shock I was deveasted,,,,so i snugggled down in my sleeping bag on the beach and after serveral glasses of wine I drifted off....I awoke slowly and a bit puzzled...as my feet felt a little chilly...and damp..!! I raised my head (ouch)....and saw the tide lapping at my feet!!!!!!!! I looked up towards the horizon...and there he was !! my other friend, bobbing up and down drifting towards the Big Tanker! I was motified!! shock I packed up my things tidied round and walked to Mcdonalds..had lots of black coffeee and a bagel...a brisk walk round..and back into the camper van..where it is now back up for sale on Ebay!! Im sorry you all missed it and didnt get to meet my new friends!! but maybe next time...we coild go !!CAMPING!!!!!!! wink

glammanana Mon 22-Aug-11 23:09:33

harrigranwhere you on the wrong side of the road? remember we drive on the left.

harrigran Mon 22-Aug-11 23:03:02

Well I waited and waited at the crossroads in Lauzerte because I felt sure you would pass by, but France is a big place!

Annobel Mon 22-Aug-11 21:21:18

nanban we are serious about being bonkers. grin

glassortwo Mon 22-Aug-11 20:52:04

I have already told you I am as mad as a box of frogs grin

greenmossgiel Mon 22-Aug-11 20:35:28

Zephrine grin

Zephrine Mon 22-Aug-11 20:34:29

Oh absolutely,smile

greenmossgiel Mon 22-Aug-11 20:32:39

It does help though, I find.......grin

Zephrine Mon 22-Aug-11 20:29:14

Completely insane.

Nanban Mon 22-Aug-11 20:14:19

Are you all being completely serious; completely insane; did all the above really happen?

glammanana Sat 30-Jul-11 11:47:49

I was at junction 1 at the M53 for hour's and people kept stopping me if I was looking for anyone" special" and I told them that I was being picked up
by a group of Gransnetter's I got some funny looks and after coming to the
conclusion that the van must have broken down or the sat nav conked out I came home and think Glamping may be a good idea,so we can take some nice home comforts with us.

bikergran Sat 30-Jul-11 09:00:51

lol lol.ohhhhhhhhh lol sorry everyone..it seems we had lost the plot so to speak,,,,lol Ive always been hopeless at arranging things............lol.....I shall leave to others in future....janthea we shall have a countyr and western weekend one day...yahhhhhhhhhh slap them thighs!! oh yes...and if we are short of people I shall visit that boarded up shop in Blackpool!! smile and buy some more inflatable friends smile (there were some other strange objects on shelves! shock shock ) bfn

janthea Sat 30-Jul-11 06:26:15

I was waiting with my country music CDs at the start of the M1. I turned down offers of lifts from a couple of nice truckers. I politely told them that I was waiting for friends and I was sure they would turn up. I waited and waited. In the end I called my daughter and she said 'I told you so'. sad

Faye Sat 30-Jul-11 05:38:10

Ooooh nooooh is the camping trip off now I didn't know, I told everyone about the trip. I had been waiting for you to pick me up. sad I had a bag of fresh oranges, straight off the tree. I even some home grown olives to eat with some crusty bread and cheese. Now what..... confused

crimson Fri 29-Jul-11 17:09:32

Going oop north on 22nd Aug Dordor, so hoping to take the train up to Edinburgh one day.

bikergran Fri 29-Jul-11 16:29:18

hmmm not sure Annabel?? they have worked on a previous post further up! confused

Annobel Fri 29-Jul-11 14:32:36

Why did those asterisks round 'biker' not work?

Annobel Fri 29-Jul-11 14:31:56

Sorry*biker*, I'm not taking the car. I'm going on Eurostar and TGV this time. After what I did to a Ford Fiesta (hired) in Granada, I am banned (by the family) from driving in Europe.wink

Dordor Fri 29-Jul-11 12:35:17

Oh drat, I've missed it. And I'd got out all my floaty clothes, some baskets to put raspberries in, and lots and lots of maps. Oh well, I'll just have to go to the Edinburgh Festival instead, although maybe I'll need something a bit stouter than cheesecloth. . . . Anyone else going?

Baggy Fri 29-Jul-11 09:08:19

Yes, and I was waiting elsewhere in Argyll to be picked up on your way to Tobermory. We climbed a mountain so we could see the camper van but unfortunately it was the wrong mountain because we couldn't see any roads at all from the top. Anyway, since you were having fun in B'pool, it turns out that it doesn't matter because we didn't miss you. So glad you had a ball! smile

I'm still recovering from the mountain but it was worth it for the wild flowers all the way up (and down) and the ravens' calls.

bikergran Fri 29-Jul-11 08:51:05

Oh heck!! sorry Annobel my mind is like a sieve and I was so embrolled with my new found friends that I got carried away (well one of them litteraly got carried away) lol....lol............now then Tobermory hmm now theres an idea! hmm or you say you are off to France? now then...shall we girls???? smile how much room you got in you car Annobel ..smile

glassortwo Fri 29-Jul-11 08:35:37

Oh I love Tobermory Annobel been a few years since we were there but holds some good memories.

Annobel Fri 29-Jul-11 08:32:51

Great adventures biker. I was waiting for you to swing by Tobermory all weekend. Enjoyed the sunshine and sea air. Eventually gave up and came home as I have to go to France next week. Maybe another time?

bikergran Fri 29-Jul-11 07:55:48

lol lol .............lol

glassortwo Thu 28-Jul-11 22:44:35

biker I am so sorry I missed the departure, I must have been having a glass or two in the quiet corner.

You certainly had a very eventful time in Blackpool.I would have loved to have met your new friends, but never mind there is a shop on the high street which have lots of these friends, so when we go camping let me know and I will call in and get a couple to bring along. grin grin

bikergran Thu 28-Jul-11 21:51:50

lol @ Hattie64 lol lol ahaaaa yes i think I did mention whitby.lol.oh heck..im hopeless with directions ha ha ..well so long a swe had a good time
Hadttie64 you could have borrowed one of my inflatable friends!! ha