Gransnet forums

AIBU

at being outraged at my husband cutting

(58 Posts)
Hattie64 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:35:03

his toenails on the bedroom carpet and leaving me to pick them up, or rather expecting me to pick them up or vacuum them. So I did eventually pick them up and saved them. Today I cooked a stir fry, with added seeds, and on his portion I added the toe nails, hidden from view of course. I feel revenged and quite gleeful as well.

Oxon70 Wed 03-Aug-11 08:07:34

......or maybe you should think which of your habits are annoying/ irritating/ disgusting.........

pompa Wed 03-Aug-11 08:17:29

Most of them probably - that's what worries me !

ElseG Wed 03-Aug-11 08:17:32

I just wish I could get down to my toenails in the first place (in public or not).

The only thing I did when newly wed was after OH said he wouldn't mind becoming a vegetarian. I don't think my newly acquired cookery skills were appreciated. I cooked myself a delicious fry up and although I says it as shouldn't, it was good. For him I fried a plate full of cabbage. He never suggested it again and my cooking generally has improved.

Faye Wed 03-Aug-11 08:28:30

Don't worry pompa I am sure you have probably had a few of these things done to you and it hasn't hurt you. Except maybe having an egg thing done to you, I am sure you would know it if that did happen!!! grin

Barrow Wed 03-Aug-11 09:34:02

When my nephew was around 3 years old I gave him a teddy bear which he still has, whenever he does anything to annoy his wife he will arrive home from work to find teddy hung by the neck with one of his ties! She says it always works!

Baggy Wed 03-Aug-11 09:46:37

barrow, that's brilliant! smile. An acquaintance of mine got so fed up of her husband leaving his smelly socks around that one day she just threw all his socks out of the window. It was his mother who told me this and she thought it was hilarious and said: Why didn't I think of that?

greenmossgiel Wed 03-Aug-11 10:25:17

Love that one, Barrow! grin

lucid Wed 03-Aug-11 11:32:23

Please stop..my sides are splitting with laughing so hard. I think you're all wonderful. I'll never be able to eat a fried egg again grin

sussexpoet Wed 03-Aug-11 15:18:39

Oh, stop all of you; I'm laughing so hard it hurts! But do tell me, how on earth did you get the fried egg in there? A boiled egg I can visualise, but fried?!
Shirts, socks, etc. left on the floor? Simple, just put them in the garbage bin, and wait for the day when he can't find any clean ones!
Right on, sisters!

greenmossgiel Wed 03-Aug-11 17:20:39

Well, to be quite honest,*sussexpoet*, I was such a rotten cook at the time, that although the edges were really quite burnt, the rest of the egg was very runny...so really, it was more a case of gathering it up and slapping it ..um..somewhere near to the actual 'target'.....I don't think much reached the 'target', but he got the idea though. I was a liberated woman - it was 1970!!! winkgrin

absentgrana Wed 03-Aug-11 18:46:12

When my daughter was very little I became very fed up with giving her nursery tea, doing bath time and bedtime, cooking grown-ups' supper and sitting around while it burned to a frazzle in the oven until ten, eleven or even later at night. No amount of reasonable complaint, suggestions about using the telephone or sheer nagging had any effect. Even, "Your dinner's in the bin" didn't work. However, "Your pants are in the freezer" was quite effective, especially as he didn't read the note until the next morning when getting ready for work.

nanachrissy Wed 03-Aug-11 19:07:43

Joining this website is the best thing I've done since my last divorce!! You never fail to make me laugh out loud and you cheer me up so much (having a very tough time at the moment). Great stuff girls xxx

greenmossgiel Wed 03-Aug-11 20:12:49

nanachrissy - it's a long day without a laugh in it! Seriously though, I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you just now. I hope that you're able to get a bit of comfort from being here, too. smile

lucid Thu 04-Aug-11 19:35:59

My OH has just requested a fried egg with his supper....when I stopped laughing he wanted to know what was so funny - which started me laughing again. He finally got his fried egg, on a plate though grin!!!!!

Zephrine Thu 04-Aug-11 19:50:22

I'll never look at a fried egg in the same way again! grin

yogagran Thu 04-Aug-11 20:42:54

Such a wonderful lot of truly funny things - you've all made my day since I discovered this thread. Thanks grin

bunic Fri 05-Aug-11 04:58:47

thanks for making laugh,its nearly 5am cant sleep,i am wondering what mrs bunic has done to in past ??

Baggy Fri 05-Aug-11 07:20:52

We're good for a laugh if nothing else, aren't we, bunic?

bunic Fri 05-Aug-11 08:12:08

Baggy,all you lovely ladies are worth more than you think.

JessM Fri 05-Aug-11 08:48:12

C'mon Baggy, no self denigration around here.

Nanban Fri 05-Aug-11 10:32:41

A long time ago but good anycase - my very straight-laced girlfriend rang in a bit of a state. I've just thrown a saucepan at ......! Oh is that all, that's not so bad. It is, it had the mash potatoes in for dinner. She went straight to the top of my estimation.

Zephrine Fri 05-Aug-11 10:42:00

That reminded me, a while back my long time friend and business partner threw a bag of potatoes at her husband, they missed him and went straight through the rather large picture window, he was not amused!

Elegran Fri 05-Aug-11 11:31:04

When my girls were very small, I used to make a pot of porridge for DH's early breakfast, cover it and put it to one side until both babies were up and dressed etc, then add a spot of water and warm it up for theirs and mine. One morning I had two hungry children waiting ready to eat and discovered I had left said porridge on the heat solidifying into flapjack glue. Threw pan into the sink in disgust, but it was still soft enough to spray in an arc all down the venetian blinds. Took ages to clean it all off, long enough to repent.

Baggy Fri 05-Aug-11 11:39:20

Once I didn't kill a haggis properly before I boiled it. It exploded out of the pan and splattered the ceiling! Nobody in range fortunately! I let it dry and then painted over it because the stippling effect was quite nice.

You have to be careful with wild haggises.

Elegran Fri 05-Aug-11 11:57:41

My aunt put one of those tinned jammy puddings on to boil and forgot about it. When she realised it would be boiling dry she went into the kitchen to check just as it exploded and the tin hit the door she was opening, slamming it in her face. If she'd been half a second earlier ......