Gransnet forums

AIBU

at being outraged at my husband cutting

(58 Posts)
Hattie64 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:35:03

his toenails on the bedroom carpet and leaving me to pick them up, or rather expecting me to pick them up or vacuum them. So I did eventually pick them up and saved them. Today I cooked a stir fry, with added seeds, and on his portion I added the toe nails, hidden from view of course. I feel revenged and quite gleeful as well.

Elegran Fri 05-Aug-11 11:58:38

You need to watch with those free-range haggis. MacSween's are better trained.

JessM Fri 05-Aug-11 12:23:58

I once nearly killed my ex, but sadly it was unintentional. I made elderflower champagne and put it in a screw top bottle. So much for my scientific background... It exploded just behind him and chipped the plaster on the opposite wall. He was, undeservedly, unscathed.

maxgran Fri 05-Aug-11 15:46:18

Whats wrong with toe nail clippings ?? They are the same type of material as hair.. Its not as if its excrement ?!
Obviously its best if they are not dropped all over the place but there are worse things than seeing a few nails on the floor.
I doubt cooking them in a stir fry would bother everyone. I know people who chew and eat their fingernails.

I couldn't imagine doing anything revengeful to my partner even though he drives me nuts at times.

Baggy Fri 05-Aug-11 15:54:09

Are you coming to the party, maxgran? Yet more harmless fun. smile

Stansgran Fri 05-Aug-11 22:37:21

it does depend if you tread on them in bare feet

acanthus Thu 11-Aug-11 17:18:20

Some years ago we were buying a large quantity of tinned dog food on special offer and I remarked it was a pity we couldn't eat it - it looked so good. A woman in the queue told us that during a bad spell in her marriage (preceding a divorce) she had emptied a tin of dogfood into a casserole just before serving it to her husband....

apricot Thu 11-Aug-11 21:21:04

I used to have an old book on poisons. Whilst going through a long divorce when my husband would not move out the book disappeared...