Gransnet forums

AIBU

Question Time

(12 Posts)
johanna Thu 11-Aug-11 23:02:16

Does anybody else also think that David Dimbleby is a smug bastard?
I lost all respect for him when he allowed two Muslim ladies to scream at the American Ambassador to the U.K , after 9/11. It was very soon afterwards, and the poor guy was in tears.
Kept watching Question Time though, for the benefit of the doubt.
Not changed my opinion at all!
Did you see/hear his smart- ass opening line just now?
Actually, come to think of it, the male side of the Dimbleby's need a make-over.

glammanana Thu 11-Aug-11 23:14:53

I think the Dimbleby's are to full of their own importance,unfortunatley I did
not watch to-night's programme will watch it in the morning.

glassortwo Thu 11-Aug-11 23:23:47

Ohh watching it now.........

janreb Fri 12-Aug-11 10:05:42

Totally agree, he is awful. I can no longer watch the programme.

GoldenGran Fri 12-Aug-11 10:36:53

Ithink it is time for Dimbleby's to go, agree johanna on smug bastard. I think a lot of these people like him, and John Hunmphreys on the radio, become over-exposed and too fond of their own voices and opinions.Time to put them out to pasture!

glassortwo Fri 12-Aug-11 13:48:02

Totally agree, need some new blood.

artygran Fri 12-Aug-11 13:55:02

He has far too much to say for himself on QT; if he shut up and just stuck to his role, the programme would flow a little better. I suppose that 'Dimbleby' and 'BBC' have always been someone synonymous with each other, but I think they have had their time. I only watched a little of QT last night; John Prescott turns my stomach. He is a bloated, bombastic, inarticulate imbecile and has nothing to say that I ever want to listen to.

Hattie64 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:45:52

Yes totally agree, I think Nick Robinson the political chappie on BBC1 would be far preferable.

mrshat Fri 12-Aug-11 20:11:45

Totally agree with artygran about John Prescott. Watched the whole programme last night and he was just awful. I liked the guy from the Spectator tho' and the retired police officer. As for the Dimblebys - I can take or leave them. Depends on the mood! confused

ElseG Sat 13-Aug-11 20:02:30

There father was good, they are anything but and have no idea of how to chair and control a discussion.

gangy5 Sun 14-Aug-11 11:21:00

I agree ELseG. The chair should not show any bias or take part in the discussion. The one thing that I gleaned fron the programme was the fact that most probably education is letting youngsters down. They are given no encouragement to discover what their talents are - Where have all the technical colleges gone? If they are not academic there seems to be little help and encouragement for them.

artygran Sun 14-Aug-11 12:13:27

Quite agree, gangy, and have said so vociferously along with others on previous threads. I think politicians are in denial about the mess they have landed the education system in over the years. Problem is, technical colleges, where they do exist, require a certain standard of basic education before they will accept youngsters onto courses, and sadly, many don't even make enough of the grade to start with.