Gransnet forums

AIBU

google gransnet

(16 Posts)
em Sun 14-Aug-11 19:42:10

Have you tried recently to google gransnet? Results come up indicating that we seem to be primarily about recipes and gardening tips. Perhaps that was the perception when we first got going, but these granny-ish topics are actually turning out to be quite a small (though admittedly significant) part of the website. Time for a re-think?

Baggy Sun 14-Aug-11 19:49:29

Oh dear, yes! Just checked. tut tut!

glammanana Sun 14-Aug-11 19:57:14

What no shawl's and pom-pom slippers!!

crimson Sun 14-Aug-11 20:18:35

Pom Pom slippers! I used to wear those in my teens and twenties..can you still get them? I was only thinking about them the other day and now I want some [because I'm worth it....]

glammanana Sun 14-Aug-11 20:27:07

I saw some in BHS last year cream with red pom-poms all elasticated around the
actual top of the slipper,they got lost when I was in hospital and BHS don't do them any more,just my luck,note to self! what has this got to do with google?

yogagran Sun 14-Aug-11 22:31:03

Pom pom slippers - now there's a distant memory! Beige tartan mine were I think and the dog ate the pom pom's

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 15-Aug-11 10:25:51

Hi em, we can edit the title of our google link (I think that's what you're talking about?). We thought those were some key aspects of the site on launch, but you're right that things may have changed somewhat.

Any suggestions for what you think it's really important for people to know about Gransnet?

Barrow Mon 15-Aug-11 10:34:10

How about, the place to come for lively chat, information and support?

Elegran Mon 15-Aug-11 10:37:23

Yes barrow that sounds good.

em Mon 15-Aug-11 10:37:25

Open for debate then? Agree that when things kicked off we didn't know how things would go - and haven't we had some surprises?

Nanban Mon 15-Aug-11 10:48:39

Of course we're surprising - we are women of experience and maturity who have had adventures to open our minds.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 15-Aug-11 10:49:28

I know what you mean, em, and it's been great to see all the different ways the site's developed with its members.

Thanks for the suggestion, Barrow - what does everyone else think?

We're very open to hearing everyone's opinion, as with all things on Gransnet, so any thoughts on this, or anything else, do send them our way!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 15-Aug-11 10:49:47

Hear hear, Nanban!

Notsogrand Mon 15-Aug-11 10:58:44

I like Barrow's suggestion.

harrigran Mon 15-Aug-11 11:57:43

I'm with Barrow, the chat is certainly lively smile

glammanana Mon 15-Aug-11 12:41:33

We are now a vital part of fashion industry as well,we know what we like,
we look after our selves and our appearance and therefore contribute a vast
amount to the industry.