Gransnet forums

AIBU

What's DH's most annoying habit(s)?

(174 Posts)
greenmossgiel Tue 16-Aug-11 14:13:44

I find that I'm becoming quite intolerant of DH's wagging his foot about when he's sitting down! Also he whistles under his breath. There are a few other things, but can't put them on here....Anyone else got anything to add (or is it just me)? hmm

ninathenana Mon 23-Jan-12 19:11:08

when I realised this thread was 6 pages long and has been running since August '11 I'm was releived that I'm definitley not the only one who gets annoyed by OH grin

OH...... bites his nails,
twiddles his thumbs,
answers the phone "Good morning/afternoon in a posh voice"
thinks the floor is a wardrobe

Annobel Mon 23-Jan-12 19:19:40

haven't got a DH and can't remember much about my ex (apart from knuckle cracking), but I see DS2 in a number of these posts. Should I warn DiL?

syberia Mon 23-Jan-12 19:38:05

My OH sometimes asks, "where do we keep the....(add anything here!)"
I have got so fed up with it, I answer "I don't know, where DO we keep it?"

Pennysue Mon 23-Jan-12 20:44:49

Telling me he has done the housework when he has pushed a hoover round!

Telling me how to cook.

saying "I'll do it in a minute" and having to remind him a week later or, when I have done if myself because I am fed up with waiting, tells me he was going to do it.

Cyril Mon 23-Jan-12 20:59:15

I recall one who has been an ex for a very long time who would arrive home after a night at the pub, long after I was sound asleep, and drop onto the bed so that I almost bounced out of it. He would then ask if I was awake. Off came the jacket while still seated to be aimed somewhere across the room, then the shoes ditto, socks were thrown under the bed in neat little rolls. Then he would grip the front tails of the shirt and pull in opposite directions so that buttons flew where they flew or tore the shirt. He would then stand, step out of the trousers and dive into bed with a lot of snorting noises and shuffling around to claim most of the bed and bedding. When finally settled he would say, "I didn't turn on the light in case you were asleep". angry

Annika Mon 23-Jan-12 21:15:23

another one is
"Have you moved my (shoes, slippers, glasses, keys, you get the idea) when DH cant find what ever it is he is looking for.

petallus Tue 24-Jan-12 09:31:13

Blames me for everything. Last night he took a glass jar of sugar out of the cupboard and the top fell off and bounced on the floor. Quick as a flash he fixed me with an accusing stare, saying 'who didn't put the top back on properly?'

eGJ Tue 24-Jan-12 10:06:19

My DH was brought up never to put the lids on jars on properly; how many times have I had an accident or near accident! I should have learned by now though. Not appeciating The Archers comes second!

greenmossgiel Tue 24-Jan-12 10:39:11

Mine doesn't shut drawers properly - or sometimes, cupboard doors. When he 'shuts' a drawer', there's always something sticking out, so that's as far as it gets. The amount of times I have walked into an open cupboard/drawer! (Of course, I tend to exaggerate the pain this has caused wink)!

GoldenGran Tue 24-Jan-12 10:50:47

Re-arranging the contents of the fridge, and being unable to turn a tap on without flooding the kitchen! eGJ he has gone off the Archers too and keeps sighing and rolling his eyes instead of just going out of the room so I can listen in peace wink

eGJ Tue 24-Jan-12 11:20:50

It's amazing GoldenGran that DH knows the story lines, but doesn't "listen"! But of course there are the odd annoying characters I'll admit!!

GoldenGran Tue 24-Jan-12 11:23:57

eGJ more than a few! But I find it addictive, I first listened with my Mother when I was tiny. My DH knows all the characters but swears he hates it.

whatisamashedupphrase Mon 30-Jan-12 09:42:55

I don't understand him.

I just don't. confused

whatisamashedupphrase Mon 30-Jan-12 09:46:10

Oh sorry!!!

Explanation!

Me this morning on filling kettle for tea: "Why does this lid keep doing that?!" (springing back up when you go to close it)
Him: (in grumbling voice) "I dunno. It's where you keep opening it"

confused

What am I supposed to do? Stand the thing in a bowl of water like a pot plant and hope the water seeps up from the bottom?!

Sigh!

nanachrissy Mon 30-Jan-12 10:16:38

I don't have a husband, but my every breath my ex takes is very annoying! grin

jeni Mon 30-Jan-12 10:59:04

Ohgrin

Faye Mon 30-Jan-12 11:06:33

nannachrissy My ex partner (if there was a God I would thank her every day that I didn't marry him) is the same and it's his breathing that annoys me and I wish he would stop! smile

jeni Mon 30-Jan-12 11:32:32

I get the impression you two do not like your exes?

flowerfriend Mon 30-Jan-12 14:26:47

When my late husband was alive he had loads of annoying habits but now he is dead I view them as idiosyncrasies. And I do miss them - no him.

kittylester Mon 30-Jan-12 14:37:09

That is sad and a sobering thought flowerfriend thanks and next time my lovely husband puts his empty mug on the left of the sink when there is a perfectly good dishwasher under the right of the sink, I will try not huff! smile

nanachrissy Mon 30-Jan-12 15:23:29

Jeni......both of them! grin

Swansong Mon 30-Jan-12 16:25:54

I bought a Wasgij puzzle for DH from a car boot sale for a £1 he has spent last couple of months completing it and oh dear there was one piece missing .
He wanted me to take it to my charity shop where I am a volunteer but I told him we dont accept jigsaw puzzels with a piece missing as nobody would buy it
Well YOU did (as if i knew) If he says it one more time!!! I quietly put it in the dustbin but he found it and took it out again I said ok I will take it to the shop NOT

flowerfriend Mon 30-Jan-12 16:57:07

swansong Thank you. It made me (smile).