Gransnet forums

AIBU

Or perhaps over-sensitive

(64 Posts)
ElseG Sun 21-Aug-11 23:43:29

but I think I shall have to say goodbye to this website. Unfortunately some discussions can get out of hand and I think members (probably including myself) could well do with checking their contributions to appreciate the effect they may have on others.

One particular thread which is ongoing so I will not name it, has thoroughly upset me because it has come a little too close for comfort but it has made me realise that perhaps Gransnet is not for me.

I shall miss the odd [cuppa] and toast in the shed and some of the amusing threads. I have met some very lovely people so cheery bye to you all.

jangly Tue 23-Aug-11 11:08:05

Oh Bags.......... we could have had a fight. sad

Except I'd be scared. grin

wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Look!!! You can copy and past them! I didn't know that!!!

supernana Tue 23-Aug-11 12:26:47

I'm obviously missing something of vital importance...but that's the way I am - sometimes. I'm loving the banter twixt Bags and jangly, and Greenmossgiel makes sense, as always. Can someone in the know, explain to me in simple terms, why ElseG had to go? I've been unable to make head or tail of it. Feel uneasy that I may have said something [unwittingly...or not!!!] Jangles, put me out of my misery. I've enough problems to sort before the day is done...

Gally Tue 23-Aug-11 12:30:24

supernana I'm with you - I am even more confused than usual!

greenmossgiel Tue 23-Aug-11 12:32:30

Oh Jacey, no, I didn't mean that at all! I just meant that some will observe and comment more strongly than others, while the rest of us read and while not commenting, will maybe take on board what might be said. I certainly DO NOT think that anyone anywhere (at all) should have more rights than others! smile

jangly Tue 23-Aug-11 12:50:48

supernana - I wouldn't get involved. Its really not worth it.

jangly Tue 23-Aug-11 12:53:44

I've forgotten what it was now. hmm

I've got this cube. Its Kings of England. Grandson wrecked it. I'm trying to stick it back together.

See, what I'm saying is, there are more important things to worry about. smile

jangly Tue 23-Aug-11 13:00:31

I've found another one! Hooray! I can replace it. Got it originally from National Trust but they don't stock them anymore.

Grandson loves it, but he gets a bit rough! www.purplepeach.net/products/Educational-Cubes.html

GoldenGran Tue 23-Aug-11 13:42:58

Oh jangly I love these, thanks for the link grin

jangly Tue 23-Aug-11 14:13:47

Golden - those people seem to be wholesalers. These people supply to the likes of you and me. smile

www.zoobookoo.com/

GoldenGran Tue 23-Aug-11 14:17:40

Thanks smile

maxgran Tue 23-Aug-11 16:54:14

I don't think people should blame others for how 'they' feel. Some people are very sensitive but we can't all tread on eggshells lest someone gets upset. If someone is directly abusive - yes, Report it !

I wouldn't want to be held responsible for someone who gets upset easily - its not fair !
I think its a bit cruel to blame somone for your own decision to leave a site. By the time we become Grandmothers - we have lived long enough to have developed a thicker skin, surely ?

supernana Wed 24-Aug-11 11:08:19

Thanks jangly...how wise...wink

jangly Wed 24-Aug-11 11:09:59

mwah super