Gransnet forums

AIBU

Birthdays

(119 Posts)
goldengirl Sat 27-Aug-11 18:11:01

It’s my birthday next week and I’m not looking forward to it. Not because I’m yet another year older, but because I feel I'm expected to have a good time. Am I just a miserable old bag or do other GNs feel the same?

Butternut Thu 29-Sep-11 14:31:35

Janglyaswas - Go well.

Oldgreymare Thu 29-Sep-11 19:41:32

Janglyaswas....don't go! You are a breath of fresh air, we need your healthy cynicism, AND your sense of humour, it helps to keep our feet on the ground!
Glad you had a happy b/day with more to come! sad

GoldenGran Thu 29-Sep-11 19:45:47

Janglyaswas, please don't go we love you so! Or a lot of us do.grin

Oldgreymare Thu 29-Sep-11 19:48:04

sad if you leave, smile for b/day!

greenmossgiel Thu 29-Sep-11 20:03:32

janglyaswas, if you were hurt by things that have been posted, try and let it go over your head. None of us know each other, and are never likely to. A bit of light-heartedness, which you introduced so often into the forum, is like a breath of fresh air! Those who don't like it don't need to read it. When I saw your postings I always read them - not necessary agreeing with them but then we don't all agree with what each other says anyway. Think again? And Happy Birthday to you! smile

Baggy Thu 29-Sep-11 20:34:36

I found you very ... stirring, jangly, and that was good for me. You were good for a lot of us, I think. smile

Notsogrand Thu 29-Sep-11 21:23:05

You were good for me jangly. It's all too easy at our age to have fixed ideas about things. Many of your posts made me stop and think....no bad thing, even if you do end up maintaining your previous perspective.
The best thing though, is your sense of humour and totally un-stuffy approach to life! I hope you continue to enjoy your birthday celebrations and that you're still around on Gransnet for us to be wishing you Happy Birthday again next year!

glassortwo Thu 29-Sep-11 22:08:28

jangly been out all day and at work tonight, so I have missed you. Enjoy the rest of your birthday celebrations wine wine wine

Twobabes Thu 29-Sep-11 22:19:13

jangly - miss your postings. Happy birthday wine

janglyaswasaswas Fri 30-Sep-11 09:07:33

Ooh. I'm loving these posts. Specially the ones with a note of uncertainty. grin

You missing me Bags?

Baggy Fri 30-Sep-11 09:43:43

Yes, I am missing you, jangs! Hope all's well with you and yours. smile

Baggy Fri 30-Sep-11 09:49:45

Hey, jangly, if you unsubscribe and come back again, you can be a backward world wild web: janglywww (waswaswas). Ha! Ha! Just noticed my typo 'wild' instead of wide! A most appropriate slip of the incompetent typing fingers! grin

greenmossgiel Fri 30-Sep-11 09:50:24

janglyaswasaswas - that name is far too long!!!! No uncertainty here - get back on and stir up the dust a bit! grin

janglyaswasaswas Fri 30-Sep-11 10:02:44

Baggy - he he he. I like it! Spoecially the "wild" grin

*Greenmoss" - I was thinking, (dangerous i know) I could keep popping in and out and just add on an "as was" each time. Wonder how long They would let it get?! smile

janglyaswasaswas Fri 30-Sep-11 10:04:38

Eh, I sent at least four emails to GNHQ asking them to unsubscribe me - before I realised you have to do it yourself! blush How daft am I?!

Don't answer that charlotta! grin

greenmossgiel Fri 30-Sep-11 10:12:31

There you go, then jangly---------, you see? You weren't meant to be going anywhere! That's a wee bit of fate talking, I'm sure! grin

Libradi Fri 30-Sep-11 11:12:30

I'm totally lost now as to when your birthday is/was jangly but glad you've joined us again. I didn't always agree with the things you said either, but you certainly made the threads lively wink. Hope you have/had a lovely birthday.

glammanana Fri 30-Sep-11 14:45:07

Seejangs how lively the postings are when you are around ?