Gransnet forums

AIBU

Its refreshing to know that you are not the only one, thankgoodness for gransnet!

(54 Posts)
bikergran Mon 05-Sep-11 07:51:25

After much trawling/lurking through gransnet over the last few months..it is refreshing to know that others have the same problems/feelings/worries /happiness! etc etc that one have has.........!

wether it be worries about money/granchildren/relationships/personal space/feelings/bereavment etc I could go on forever.......

to think that there are others out there with the same problems and that you are not alone and in your own little world and if any of us have a problem or need to let of steam, we will not be chatised or slagged off. we will have advice independant advice from others (maybe wiser lol) some times when reading about other peoples problems then your own seem so trivial,

I love lurking around gransnet I spend so much time reading the posts I forget to post myself lol...lol

soooooooo long live gransnet and all who sail in her cheers everyone
whooooooops wine forgot its only 8-00am cough! brew

faith Mon 05-Sep-11 18:14:57

Great day here in the middle of the USA. finally coll after a few day of 100 degrees. This is my first day on gransnet . It is fun to read the forums.

MrsJamJam Mon 05-Sep-11 17:58:11

I will raise a wine of retsina to you all smile

Grumpyoldwoman Mon 05-Sep-11 17:51:42

MrsJamjam...how hard you have worked and how envious I am of your holiday ..have a wonderful time and try to think of us at sometime during your 2 week break xxxx

MrsJamJam Mon 05-Sep-11 17:42:36

Only just logged on as have spent all day packing, leaving the house tidy, garden produce all harvested and frozen - off on hols tomorrow for two weeks of sunshine grin. Just want you all to know that I love GN too and will miss you all while I'm away. When we get back I'll get to grips with the new smartphone and do GN wherever I am, but right now its new and I'm terrified of the stories one hears of big bills while abroad so its use will be strictly limited!

Cases now packed, just the fridge to clear out and then time for a pre-hols wine

Ariadne Mon 05-Sep-11 17:22:49

Cheers, Notsogrand! wine

Notsogrand Mon 05-Sep-11 16:56:59

Ariadne, how about sun...yardarm...already? smile

Might take mine to the shed.

Ariadne Mon 05-Sep-11 16:48:29

I think we're quite good at the "healthy debate" bit, and I love the humour that inevitably creeps in. Couldn't manage without my daily dose! Now thinking sun...yardarm...soon.

greenmossgiel Mon 05-Sep-11 15:40:58

No - of course we're not 'like-minded' as such jangly - I think I meant we're 'like-minded not to be like-minded - I'm sure you'll all know what I mean! In other words, we've all got our bit to add in and it's thankfully not always in agreement with everyone else! I like a bit of an argument about issues (not quarrels, they're not at all 'nice' -oops)! grin

jangly Mon 05-Sep-11 14:01:44

Oh I see what you mean!!! blush

grin

I will learn to read posts properly!

jangly Mon 05-Sep-11 14:00:08

That wasn't erm!

It was nen. hmm

grannyactivist Mon 05-Sep-11 13:04:12

Erm - that would be Mother's Pride I think nen.

I had a lovely holiday last week, but it's true - I did miss Gransnet. I recommended it to one of my oldest friends, who isn't a gran just yet, but would love the site I know. I hope she joins us.

nen Mon 05-Sep-11 12:13:11

Didn't they used to be a loaf called oven pride ? Or maybe getting mixed up ha

jangly Mon 05-Sep-11 11:37:16

I wouldn't fall out with you biker. smile

mwah

susiecb Mon 05-Sep-11 11:23:57

ooo Oven Pride - going out to get some of that. Have just finished oven and whole kitchen!!!!! going to chat with you now instead of finding another jobsmile

bikergran Mon 05-Sep-11 11:14:19

of course jangly we don't all think alike.and thats why it is nice(well most of the time lol) to have other peoples opinions even if we don't agree with them.we are all entitiled to them..and we are adult enough to acept others opinions...and I think so longs as things don't turn nasty and personal then that is fine..we don't want any falling out on gransnet do we smile

bikergran Mon 05-Sep-11 11:06:02

susiecb have you tried "ovenpride* it is brilliant hardly any scrubbing..just put all your racks, tins etc in a bag pour in the luquid and leave overnight or longer if poss..the grease etc just wipes off(really) also you can pour some of the liquid on the bottom of the oven and leave ,, I some times put some kitchen towel on the bottom then pour the liquid on it so that it sort of stays but...we have it in our HOME BARGAIN store at £2-99 so even if it needs 2 its worth it for £6...you get gloves and big bag and bottle of fluid....be carefull though!!! as it is caustic! shock ohhhhhh I must get mine done, the bottle has been sat under my sink for weeks...its also great for the BBQ (not that we have had chance to use them this yr) I have bought the BBQ version but it wsnt as good as the Oven version....smile
ok best sign off now as trouble will be arriving soon and I wont get a look in on the computer!! hmm

jangly Mon 05-Sep-11 10:18:05

Yeah. But we can't all be totally like minded.

And its ok to be a bit judgey.

Would get boring if we don't be truthful. (there's some lovely grammar!) smile

greenmossgiel Mon 05-Sep-11 10:08:37

Morning folks!
I just love Gransnet! At last, like biker says, there's a place to go where there are like-minded people with similar problems to your own and who readily discuss these with you. You've all brought me so much comfort and made me realise I've not been wrong to feel the way I do about issues that have arisen in mine and my family's lives. I do tend to have to be careful that I'm not on here ALL day though....!!! wink

Grumpyoldwoman Mon 05-Sep-11 09:36:57

Morning you lovely peeps
I love Gransnet soooooo much.
You know that no one will judge you and GN is the only place I have ever been able to express my true feelings about my Mother....therapy in itself.

All the things we have bottled up for years now have a safe outlet.

As the weeks go by we begin to identify the other ''netters'' who have lifestyles and feelings similar to our own, and the ones who make you laugh smile

I know just how much ''Bad Mothers'' helped my daughter and she has made friends for life...meeting up with many of them. One was even Godmother to her wee boy. These sites do play an important part in many lives.

As someone who doesn't get out much to meet friends..GN is invaluable ..........
Cheers with a second brew xxxx

susiecb Mon 05-Sep-11 09:34:33

Morning all on about the third cup of v strong coffe. The oven is soaking in noxious fluids reaady for me to scrub it out and husband off for a long walk so I can play Lady Ga Ga nice and loud! Sunny but blustery here in Melton Mowbraysmile

bikergran Mon 05-Sep-11 08:50:44

Morning all........it's piddling down here in Lancashire blaaaaaaaaaaa
dashed my hopes of a picnic with grandson...and no doubt the play areas will be chocka round here if its raining..... of course we could always get the tea set out lol....ohhh his aunty bought him a tea set for his birthday he absoloutly loves it!!! we have had vimto/ribena and even real tea! parties)cooled of course...complete with sugar and milk jug lol...me n grandad have drunk soooooooo much tea lol....have a good day everyone whatever your doning...smile

glassortwo Mon 05-Sep-11 08:31:11

Goodmorning notso I cant function without a cup of tea first. But the little one is moving around upstairs so I think my peace is about to be shattered grin

Notsogrand Mon 05-Sep-11 08:24:20

Good morning biker and glass. Lovely sunshiney day here. Not even had my first brew yet, once I go downstairs to put the kettle on, the day takes over!

glassortwo Mon 05-Sep-11 08:10:28

Hello biker how are you? I am onto my second too, enjoying the quiet before the pests come down, its the only peace and quiet I get and back to school tomorrow and the routine will kick in again. Got a few bits and bobs to do at the Metro Centre (which I hate)but mostly enjoying the last day smile

bikergran Mon 05-Sep-11 08:03:31

just on my 2nd brew preparing to hav grandson later today as daughter is back at work and no school until tomorrow...what your! plans today smile