Yesterday, 4 yo DGS, already upset by losing a first tooth in the night before, managed to swallow a tiny plastic bat and ended up in casualty. They made Hallowe'en cakes at nursery school, decorated with black icing and tiny plastic pumpkins. We were given strict instructions to pick off the pumpkins before eating and thankfully for my conscience, I insisted on putting the cake high up on the mantle piece so that mummy and daddy could see it before he ate it. DD duly picked off the orange pumpkins and gave it to DGS without noticing that there were also 3 jaggy black plastic bats pushed down into the icing one of which he swallowed, scraping his throat as it went down. She took the other bats to A&E (20 miles away now!) and says the consultant was furious at the stupidity of the school in giving these to 3 & 4 yos. No point in an Xray as plastic would not show, so advised to watch him closely and return immediately if there is abdominal pain. Not to give him a dose of salts, so she will give that to the Nursery Teachers on Monday. Teachers!!*!!*!! - does teaching rot their brains?
Air fryer meal suggestions please .
Prince Harry faces a fight to keep his US visa application secret