Gransnet forums

AIBU

Goodbye, Goodbye, I'm leaving you goodbye !!!

(116 Posts)
Grumpyoldwoman Thu 03-Nov-11 09:53:08

Thank you for your friendship..you have been a lifesaver as I get so lonely.....but as I have upset my daughter so much by posting on the recent ''looking after grandchildren'' thread, I will bid you all a fond farewell.
I love my children too much to ever upset them, and it was never my intention but she hates the thought of me ''slagging her off behind her back''....I have discussed with her what I have said but she is very hurt.
Good luck everyone with everything you do..I will miss you all.

lots of love GOW sad sad sad xxxx

Ariadne Tue 13-Dec-11 17:50:36

Seconded!

gracesmum Tue 13-Dec-11 16:38:19

Dear Tosh I have come to this rather late and send my best wishes to you all. You are being a brave lady and will have to continue to be so for the sake of your DH and your children. It is very sad to think that this might be the last happy Christmas as you know it, but that does give the opportunity to make it special, to create golden moments which will sustain you in darker days to come. We should ALL live "each day as if our last" but of course we don't and many of us live for a future which sadly never comes. I do wish you courage and fortitude but also the love and blessings of a very special Christmas. I hope your grief and worries will not prevent you from living every moment to the full. xxthanksthanksthanks - you deserve these

PoppaRob Tue 13-Dec-11 16:26:54

harrigran, Stephen Hawking is very much the exception to the rule. We had one patient who had a similar condition... amyotrophic lateral sclerosis that in those individuals had not proved fatal to date, although I'm out of the loop now and he may have passed away. Motor Neurone Disease is a term used to describe a group or cluster of disease states, with each disease or condition bringing its own problems and outcomes. One of them is Progressive Bulbar Palsy which affects speech and swallowing and the muscles of the diaphragm and it is not usual for that process to be halted, but in Hawking's case it has. In the 80s we spoke of Pseudo Bulbar Palsy in those cases. Most MND patients are diagnosed in their 5th decade or later, however Stephen Hawking was diagnosed in his early twenties, once again showing him to be an exceptional individual in many ways. I organised a MND conference here in South Australia in the late 80s and he was kind enough to record a piece on his Living Centre Speech Plus system wishing we lay people as well as the health professionals well in our efforts to help those afflicted with MND and their families and carers. His message was very much to make the most of life, enjoy every moment especially those spent with loved ones and friends, and not to waste precious time worrying about the things that can't be changed. Good advice for everyone, not just those affected by what my mate Terry who roped me into getting our MND group started called "this bastard of a disease".

bikergran Tue 13-Dec-11 15:14:32

Hello Tosh really nice to see you pop back in gransnet thanks
Don't think that you are just here to moan lol (we have all done our share)
we all know it's a place we can come and "unload" and like the saying goes "an apple a day keeps the Doctor away"
well! (a moan a day keeps the gremlins at bay) smile
hope you can try and have as pleasant a Christmas as poss..thanks

rosienanna Tue 13-Dec-11 12:49:18

I would like to send you some calm and peace..and i hope dear lady ..plenty of help thanks thanks

kittylester Tue 13-Dec-11 11:14:31

Sending love Tosh and best wishes thanksthanks

JessM Tue 13-Dec-11 09:49:02

It is an unpredictable beast that's for sure. It is how my mother met her end.

Carol Tue 13-Dec-11 09:27:26

Hear Hear Harrigran. He's my grandson's hero.

harrigran Tue 13-Dec-11 09:04:18

I would just like to say two words about MND this morning :- Stephen Hawking

PoppaRob Tue 13-Dec-11 04:52:35

Hi Tosh. I lost a very good friend to MND back in the 80s and had some involvement setting up a support group for MND here in South Australia. There is no good news to be had (unless perchance it isn't MND) but I'm sure you already know that. The progression from one stage to another can be quite rapid, with plateaus of sorts in between, so liaise with the neurologist and your local doctor regularly, but even more importantly ask for help from physiotherapists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and dieticians to try to keep in front of the progression of this utter bastard of a disease. There's a lot that can be done to ease the burden on carers which puts them in a better frame of mind to support the patient. My sincerest supportive thoughts are with you mate!

Tosh Mon 12-Dec-11 20:35:21

Thank you so much you lovely , lovely people and who I consider to be true friends. I love all the virtual hugs xx
I have been to see the GP today about my anxiety and she has doubled my Fluoxetine !!!!! It was good to have a chat with her about DH.
We WILL have a good Christmas .
Wishing you all a wonderful, peaceful Christmas and a happy and healthy 2012 xxxx
Cheers wine xxx

glassortwo Mon 12-Dec-11 20:34:41

Tosh sending you all my love and hope you have a fantastic Christmas, you know where we are if you need to off load a little. thanks thanks

numberplease Mon 12-Dec-11 17:10:41

I can`t really add to what`s already been said Tosh, so just sending my best wishes to you all x

kittylester Mon 12-Dec-11 17:08:26

I echo elderflower and say love to everyone who is having a difficult time at the moment. thanks

dorsetpennt Mon 12-Dec-11 16:51:26

Unless she knows your password etc how does she know what you are saying - or do you tell her? Why not put her on touch with Mumsnet and she can moan about you!! Shame really as this is such a good way to vent our feelings.

elderflower1 Mon 12-Dec-11 14:58:52

I too will be thinking of you over Christmas, and to everyone else who is facing a difficult time - Peace and love for Christmas. xxx

Mishap Mon 12-Dec-11 14:49:53

Just sending lots of love. xxxxx

janthea Mon 12-Dec-11 14:46:23

Thinking of you, especially at Christmas thanks

grrrranny Mon 12-Dec-11 12:45:07

Tosh I too send you all my support as I can hardly imagine how you must be struggling through this heartbreaking time. If anyone deserves a loving and peaceful Christmas, you and your family do. x

raggygranny Mon 12-Dec-11 12:25:10

Dear Tosh just to add my thoughts and prayers to everyone else's. Whatever the medical verdict I do hope you will find much to comfort and delight you this Christmas. xxx

bagitha Mon 12-Dec-11 12:24:18

Have a lovely, loving time with your family, tosh. You are in my thoughts too. xx

yogagran Mon 12-Dec-11 12:20:18

Just need to add my support to you tosh, all the messages here say it so well, there's no more I can say except we're thinking of you

Grannylin Mon 12-Dec-11 11:05:16

Happy Christmas wishes to youTosh and lots of hugs. Thanks too to biker for getting this going!smilewinksmile

nanachrissy Mon 12-Dec-11 10:59:58

Thinking of you all Tosh, we have missed you. Sending much love and best wishes for a peaceful ,happy Christmas with your family around you both. ((Hugs)) smile thanks

harrigran Mon 12-Dec-11 09:41:06

Tosh big ((((hugs)))) You will always be in my thoughts and prayers thanks