Gransnet forums

AIBU

Grannies

(57 Posts)
Michael Fri 04-Nov-11 18:11:38

Grannies are only cute on TV. In real life, they,re like Oxfam shops on legs. smile

Faye Sun 06-Nov-11 19:04:41

I think Michael was teasing us and waiting for us to bite, that's what men do. My brother still does it and he is 55 years old, he hasn't changed. Just imagine 55 years of being tormented by a little brother. hmm

greenmossgiel Sun 06-Nov-11 18:19:32

Does it really matter that much? Michael made a silly comment, and he maybe feels a bit out of his depth now. Let it go? hmm

Ariadne Sun 06-Nov-11 17:40:48

Couldn't have put it better myself, FlicketyB! Why are we bothering with what an extremely silly man thinks is funny?

FlicketyB Sun 06-Nov-11 16:02:23

I think Michael is being rather silly. A grandmother can be 34 or 104, can be any nationality and culture in the world, dressed in traditional clothing or haute couture, a fulltime housewife or the managing director of a multinational company and so the range of variables can continue. They cannot possibly be all summed up in four short words. He should get out more.

greenmossgiel Sun 06-Nov-11 15:46:27

Michael, we're only kidding! We can get a bit carried away with ourselves sometimes, but it's only for a laugh! Just looked at your profile, and you have a lovely family. Come back and have a blether with us? smile

glammanana Sun 06-Nov-11 14:12:28

riclorian I'd call it selective hearing or put a new battery in the hearing aid syndrome.

riclorian Sun 06-Nov-11 14:05:38

Well said Faye ---- it certainly describes every man I know !!!!!

MICHAEL ARE YOU LISTENING ??????

( I expect like all the others of the species he is DEAF !!)

crimson Sat 05-Nov-11 22:12:44

A few weeks ago I got called into work on a Saturday morning. Got the call 8.45; was at my desk 9.15. As I was rushing round the house getting ready [I was asleep when the phone rang] the S.O. said 'oh well, at least you'll get some overtime'. I've been in a bad mood ever since. Men make a habit of putting their foot in it, do they not?

jingle Sat 05-Nov-11 22:05:34

You going to spend much more time baiting Michael?!

He was just having a laugh FGS!

greenmossgiel Sat 05-Nov-11 19:16:40

We'll not bite, Michael....well, not too hard, anyway - after all, none of us grannies have any teeth, do we! grinwink

Gally Sat 05-Nov-11 19:10:08

I've just looked at michael's details. He says he's 70 (going on about 14 and a half?) and he is, quote, 'retied' - to what or to whom I wonder grin. He's got a dog called Henry - hooray!! wink Come on Mike come back and show us cute grannies what you're made of.....

greenmossgiel Sat 05-Nov-11 18:10:47

I think they get up early and practice being 'obtuse', jangles! grin

jingle Sat 05-Nov-11 16:56:23

glamma, DH has been in about ten minutes now, and has said the wrong thing to me about three times already. hmm

Got a way with them, haven't they! grin

greenmossgiel Sat 05-Nov-11 16:51:44

What a great day you've had, glamma! Well done!! grin

glammanana Sat 05-Nov-11 16:45:50

jingles When I got up this morning DH said the wrong thing it was trivial as I can't even remember what it was,but it set the mood for the day am feeling OK now been to see DD and had nice girly afternoon shopping for xmas paper and smellie's for 2DGDs,used DHs card so got him back for what ever he said.wink

Faye Sat 05-Nov-11 14:22:05

Oxfam shops on legs confused these are just for you Michael!

The Husband Chronicles
Great Advice to Pass on to Your Daughters

1. Don't imagine you can change a man, unless he's in diapers.

2. What do you do if your boyfriend walks out? You shut the door.

3. If they put a man on the moon they should be able to put them all up there.

4. Never let your man's mind wander. It's too little to be out alone.

5. Go for younger men. You might as well, they never mature anyway.

6. Men are all the same. They just have different faces, so that you can tell them apart.

7. Definition of a bachelor- a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable.

8. Women don't make fools of men. Most of them are the do-it-yourself types.

9. Best way to get a man to do something, is to suggest they are too old for it.

10. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.

11. If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.

12. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years. Even in biblical times, men wouldn't ask for directions.

13. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him checkbooks.

14. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes, it means that you laugh at his.

15. Sadly, all men are created equal...

smile

jingle Sat 05-Nov-11 12:56:28

What's up Glamma? Why you feeling sensitive?

I chilled. Got Rod Stewart on singing Great American Songbook. Ahhh... smile

glammanana Sat 05-Nov-11 12:37:01

crimsonDH says type in Pathfinders to Mars into google and it come's up with a host of information there is even a DVD available. Good Luckx

crimson Sat 05-Nov-11 12:10:39

glammanana; does DH know the name of the website? I so loved the series [we used to act it out in the playground]. So frustrating that none of it is on film.

glammanana Sat 05-Nov-11 11:35:13

jingles am feeling sensitive to day,so any battle's to be fought give me a call. grin

glammanana Sat 05-Nov-11 11:32:56

Michael looking like Oxfam on leg's do we,well you have been looking in the wrong shop's I can tell you,we are all up to date with what is going on in the fashion world and are proud to support such a good charity.I dress in the same style as I have for years,can you still get into your levi's and trendy boot's,do you take nearly 2 hrs to dry your long hair,do you spend your money keeping your nails and make-up pristine,I see from your profile you like to walk your dog is that the extent of your excercise as we nanna's do keep up with our fitness (slight fib)oh and by the way my bassets are called Henry and Bonnie,and they hate to be walked.

jingle Sat 05-Nov-11 11:25:16

And he was very sweet when he was a little boy. smile

jingle Sat 05-Nov-11 11:24:34

Michael was having a bit of fun. He sounds lovely.

Don't be so sensitive.

glammanana Sat 05-Nov-11 11:21:31

crimson DH remembers Pathfinders he does not remember too much but say's it began in 1960 and was on for a few serie's.There is a web site dedicated to fan's so he said.

crimson Sat 05-Nov-11 10:28:25

Question for Michael [yes, I've looked at the profile just see see what sort of a poster we've got here]; as a Dr Who fan do YOU rememeber 'Pathfinders to Mars' on the telly when we were kids [a forerunner of Dr Who]? No one remembers this programme except me and it's driving me bonkers. Many thanks crimson [aka Nora Batty].