Gransnet forums

AIBU

Am I beaing unreasonable wanting EITHER the television OR the radio on.

(12 Posts)
carboncareful Sun 06-Nov-11 18:00:32

My DH has the television on without the sound plus the radio. Sometimes I come in, sit down and puzzle for half an hour as to what it happeneing before I realise there is no connection between the words or music I hear and what I can see on the sceeen. I could scream. Actually I do!

bikergran Sun 06-Nov-11 21:17:34

lol lol lol @ carbon lol oh that made me laugh..lol grin

grannyactivist Mon 07-Nov-11 00:48:39

carbon that's my idea of a nightmare!!

Oldgreymare Mon 07-Nov-11 08:20:34

CarbonC typical 'blokey' behaviour....it seems the OG wants the best of both worlds, television pictures and radio commentary ( when watching cricket anyway)hmm

Oldgreymare Mon 07-Nov-11 08:21:11

P.S It drives me mad too!

susiecb Mon 07-Nov-11 08:23:28

Yup my DH does it too and has to have a radio on in every room including the shower his in - always the news programmes or radio 4. He also sleeps with a DB radio on headphones all night he thinks this is normal! as soon as he goes out I turn everything offsmile

NannaJeannie Mon 07-Nov-11 11:11:07

yes, my DH's default position is BBC News 24 or Sky Sports News or Algazeera or CNN. Or even worse, BBC Parliament. Don't get me wrong, I am interested in current affairs, but not ALL DAY when he is in. I have to actively wrestle the remote from him and change it or turn it off.

MrsJamJam Mon 07-Nov-11 11:17:00

OK, I'll have to confess. I have radio 4 on almost all the time and sometimes in more than one room! Also, if there is a test match the perfect combination is picture on tv and Test Match special on the DB radio! (Although can't do this as refuse to pay out what Sky demands just because I enjoy test cricket. Why do they think I'd want to pay for a lot of other utterly pointless sport).

Other than cricket or rugby, find it very difficult to have the tv on during the day. Must be my age I think grin

harrigran Mon 07-Nov-11 12:36:57

NannaJeannie you are married to my DH's twin, I have the TV on a timer now so after a certain length of time it switches off. Why does anybody want to switch on first thing in the morning and then walk away ? turn it off and " I was watching that " angry

Grannylin Mon 07-Nov-11 17:25:14

I'm guilty too!Currently listening to R4,watching BBC Parliament(Theresa May struggling with an explanation for relaxation of border controls)reading newspaper and on Gransnet....and cooking!

carboncareful Mon 07-Nov-11 18:05:12

Sport: that has to switched on in the house while he is down the garden. Is there some sort of magic transmition process from the television into their brains? This magic also happens during sleep apparently.

Oldgreymare Mon 07-Nov-11 22:33:18

Radios on in every room, even one in the garage which talks to itself while the OG potters in and out. hmm