Gransnet forums

AIBU

........to create a (new) little quiet corner?

(285 Posts)
grannyactivist Mon 28-Nov-11 11:45:47

brew cupcake always available.

supernana Fri 06-Apr-12 12:58:03

Hello you lovely peoples... the party was a scream. I had such fun. The guests were wonderfully wacky. The refreshments, to die for. Can anyone recall whether or not any dishy males joined in the frolics? Quite honestly, I was past caring come the end. Nurse has been and gone. She took my pulse, raised her eyebrows, shook her head [in dismay] and took a very deep breath. Once she'd recovered, she said - 'I see you've been a good girl...' grin

jeni Wed 04-Apr-12 20:30:33

Done!

harrigran Wed 04-Apr-12 20:19:31

She really is supergran, she is amazing ♥ flowers

bagitha Wed 04-Apr-12 10:16:30

super says tomorrow (Thursday 5th) tea time she'll look out her long floaty dress and beads and have her tambourine and guitar all ready and tuned. I think she might have asked about something called wacky baccy (about which, of course, I am totally ignorant!) "for sharing".

Who wants to start the SUPER HIP HOP thread for Thursday evening?

grannyactivist Tue 03-Apr-12 22:56:39

Wow! She really is a super supernana if she's going to be partying only moments after leaving hospital. wine I'll raise a glass to her continuing recovery.

Ariadne Tue 03-Apr-12 22:01:51

Oh, OK then! If you insist..

Notsogrand Tue 03-Apr-12 21:40:28

Of course!!!

jeni Tue 03-Apr-12 21:37:12

Hippy of course!

Notsogrand Tue 03-Apr-12 21:20:18

A welcome home super party would be great! Shall we have a theme?

yogagran Tue 03-Apr-12 20:31:29

We'll need some new banners, the other ones are getting very scruffy by now

bagitha Tue 03-Apr-12 20:16:54

I'm sure she'd LOVE a welcome home party! What a great idea! grin

Butternut Tue 03-Apr-12 19:50:27

Great idea jeni. grin

nanachrissy Tue 03-Apr-12 19:44:11

Jeni what a good idea! grin wine cupcake

jeni Tue 03-Apr-12 19:37:49

That's great! She'll be doing a marathon next week!
Do you think she'd like wellcome home party?

greenmossgiel Tue 03-Apr-12 19:30:16

Lovely news, Bagitha! Thanks for letting us know. smile

bagitha Tue 03-Apr-12 19:26:24

There was a time when this thread never slipped off the bottom of the page!

Apparently super's dishy surgeon has been asking if he enjoyed the GN virtual party because he can't remember. He wants a re-run.

super has been out of room 102 on crutches and hopes to be going home tomorrow. Good news. smile

Annobel Tue 03-Apr-12 07:10:30

Dull and much colder here, but no snow. However, since we have to go into wildest Lancashire, we might meet some there tonight or tomorrow. [snowflake emoticon]

Notsogrand Tue 03-Apr-12 07:02:53

The advice I read Oxon was that Water Boards were dealing with potential exemptions on a case by case basis and that you should ring your Board to find out their position. So if, for example, age or infirmity means that carrying heavy watering cans to keep your home grown veg alive is beyond your abilities, you could make a good case for exemption. Especially if you can describe the extent to which home grown food is an essential element of staying healthy on a limited budget. That sort of thing smile

Sorry to hear about the blizzard bags! Stay warm!

Oxon70 Tue 03-Apr-12 06:59:55

Hello Bagitha
I've just seen the photos on the news! Down 20 degrees from recently, brrr.
But it looks as if we get some later...but some rain...needed.

Riverwalk Tue 03-Apr-12 06:58:56

Good morning fellow early risers!

No snow in London but it feels a bit chilly - blue skies though so I'm hoping for another warmish and sunny day - haven't looked at the forecast smile

bagitha Tue 03-Apr-12 06:49:46

I don't think I'll be doing gardening today. There's a snow blizzard out there at the mo!!!

Oxon70 Tue 03-Apr-12 06:32:07

Hi Notsogrand and Ariadne.
Yes, me too in the garden. Do you know which boards are being nice? I'm in the Thames Water area.

Notsogrand Tue 03-Apr-12 06:24:37

I'm planning on soaking the garden today Oxon then mulching with compost to conserve the moisture. I checked with the Water Board (Southern) and it's ok to use your hose to fill up water barrels whilst the ban is in operation. So it shouldn't be too bad. Some of the 5 (?) Boards to impose a hosepipe ban will allow exemptions for elderly/infirm/disabled customers.

Oxon70 Tue 03-Apr-12 06:16:49

Is this where the insomniacs are now? Morning everybody - who's there?
I've had an upset stomach too....don't know why.
My best time recently, working in the garden yesterday...quietly watering before the hose ban. Warm and sunny...hope we get more.

Notsogrand Tue 03-Apr-12 06:10:46

Morning Ariadne! I got up at 3 for a wee, couldn't get back to sleep so up at 4. Like you, for a coffee and a browse, and also listening to the cricket commentary from Sri Lanka.

I feel as though I have a squillion things to fit into today, which is probably why I couldn't get back to sleep! Sorry, that's an exaggeration, it's probably only half a squillion grin