Gransnet forums

AIBU

Horrible habits

(17 Posts)
numberplease Thu 22-Dec-11 23:52:11

Ninathenana, I`ve got one, he still puts `em in the sink!

Ariadne Thu 22-Dec-11 13:23:05

Oh yes ninathenana and we all know who'd have to empty it when it was overflowing, don't we?

ninathenana Thu 22-Dec-11 12:55:14

for those that have problems with sink depositors............tea bags that is grin

buy one of those little dishes, specifically designed to receive your soggy teabag.

distaffgran Thu 22-Dec-11 10:15:58

A stanley knife? That is too much.

Stacking dishes on the side is another annoying one - clear up or don't clear up, those are the options!

numberplease Wed 21-Dec-11 23:21:48

2 of my many moans highlighted here, my hubby licks his fingers before turning pages, so my daughter and myself try to read newspapers and magazines before he gets hold of them. He`s also this household`s culprit for leaving used teabags in the sink! And something else he does that REALLY makes me cringe.............he cuts his toenails with a Stanley knife!

glammanana Wed 21-Dec-11 23:08:01

I have only just got my nails anywhere decent after the years working in the bar and restaurant in and out of water all day,with your busy lifestyle I would bite mine aswel, you are allowed so don't let it bother you.thanks

grannyactivist Wed 21-Dec-11 23:03:47

Oh I wish I had nails to tap tap tap glamma - for some inexplicable reason I've begun (unthinkingly) to bite my nails again after forty years!!

glammanana Wed 21-Dec-11 22:46:39

I can't bear anyone tap tap tapping either their nails or against furniture or tables it gets right on my nerves.grin

Annobel Wed 21-Dec-11 21:16:58

As if! and there's no-one else here, anyway, MercyLily.

MercyLily Wed 21-Dec-11 21:00:41

I hope you dispose of the clippings Annobel and not leave them in a little pile for someone else to happen upon!

Annobel Wed 21-Dec-11 20:41:19

Plug your ears now, MercyLily. Pedicure in progress here any minute now. grin

MercyLily Wed 21-Dec-11 20:34:56

The sound of toe nail clippers sets my teeth on edge :0(

tanith Wed 21-Dec-11 20:33:25

I too can't fathom stacking dishes on the work surface above the dishwasher.. is it a man thing? grin

Ariadne Wed 21-Dec-11 20:23:43

Distaffgran it's the equivalent, in my mind, to carefully stacking dishes on the draining board, which is directly above the dishwasher!

distaffgran Wed 21-Dec-11 20:00:03

I really loathe people taking the tea bag out of the tea and then putting it in the sink. What's going to happen to it in the sink?! Put it in the bin, please!

(can you tell what my husband does with his tea bag grrr)

gracesmum Wed 21-Dec-11 19:28:50

You have got a point - I am afraid I have caught myself doing it shock Sorry to anybody who got my germs!! I must be immune to thise of others - but it is a disgusting habit and ONE I WILL ENDEAVOUR TO LOSE!!

Wheniwasyourage Wed 21-Dec-11 19:22:52

AIBU to hate, Hate, HATE seeing people licking their finger before turning a page or flicking through a pile of papers? It makes me shiver, but so many people do it and it can't be sanitary. Not that I get obsessed about germs, but I don't like the thought of having to read the book/magazine/papers next. If you can't do turn a page with a dry finger (why not?) there are other ways of dealing with the problem. This may appear on another thread, perhaps a Pedants' one, but if so I haven't found it. Thanks for the chance for a quick rant; I do feel better!