Gransnet forums

AIBU

Jellyatrics or ageism

(9 Posts)
bagitha Sun 25-Dec-11 06:22:57

Want some! grin

lucid Sat 24-Dec-11 21:51:30

I bought some of these for my Mum a couple of years ago and she thought they were very funny....and delicious.

harrigran Sat 24-Dec-11 21:31:34

No joke,Jellyatrics are for real, my son bought me a bag a month or two ago. They are really very nice, better tasting than jelly babies, think they must have changed the recipe smile

em Sat 24-Dec-11 19:10:53

Hawkins Bazaar have stocked Jellyatrics sweets for a few years.

petallus Sat 24-Dec-11 16:40:43

I do find that funny. If they bring out some jellyoldpeople I shall definitely buy some smile

bagitha Sat 24-Dec-11 16:37:56

If the BMJ xmas editions are meant to be funny, just take the piss. That's exactly what they expect. Anyone who has ever known even one medical student knows the dark depths medics' humour can take. It'll just be some 'PC' ridicule about PC nonsense.

That's my guess anyhow.

Cyril Sat 24-Dec-11 15:40:55

If I am reading this right Jellybabies are now being modelled on people of all ages and are therefore no longer jelly babies. If this is the case they will have to change the name which is not what these sweets are famous for. Is this some strange person's idea of a joke? hmm

HildaW Sat 24-Dec-11 15:17:37

Urban myth or not.......I dont find the idea of oldie Jellybabies offensive. There are incidents of unpleasant ageism but not sure this is one of them.

Stansgran Sat 24-Dec-11 15:04:20

I hope it's a joke or have I lost my sense of humour completely?
Jellybabies have been going for 90 years so according to the BMJ they have produced some typical old people-Frau Zimmer/ Mr Miser/ a jolly knitting granny-all stereotypes. Is it true or is the BMJ having me on?(another thread on piercing reminded me that the BMJ Xmas addition can be funny)