Oh dear and oh dear!
Please come back Jingle and mingle.

* with mirth!

Gally Wed 25-Jan-12 10:34:48

OGM grin Yes come on back Jingly Jangle - we all (most of us) miss you sad

eGJ Wed 25-Jan-12 10:47:47

Yes I miss your posts too sad

glassortwo Wed 25-Jan-12 11:13:25

I miss the fun jingle brought to the threads, made me smile. sad Come back jingle

Your not over at that other place making those younguns laugh are you?????

glassortwo Wed 25-Jan-12 11:18:54

I have sent a search party over to Mumsnet to see if she is there. grin

jeni Wed 25-Jan-12 11:53:13

jingle please return!

Annobel Wed 25-Jan-12 11:56:13

Look out for new names. She may be reincarnated. grin

glammanana Wed 25-Jan-12 12:09:06

glass hopefully she will be on here soon she has surely not used up her nine live's,I miss her humour and input to the posts and I am sure she will be keeping an eye on what is going on.

Ariadne Wed 25-Jan-12 12:24:56

Seconded! Love you Jings! bring your sunshine back.

em Wed 25-Jan-12 12:46:49

Agree with Glamma that she is probably 'keeping an eye on what is going on'.
We don't have insight into the lives of others so don't really know her reasons for withdrawing. She will make her own choices with or without our comments.

Granny23 Wed 25-Jan-12 12:58:32

I agree with em, J is a grown woman who will make her own choices. The 'flouncing - cries of come back - return to cheers' cycle is becoming tiresome. Please just let this rest.

Annobel Wed 25-Jan-12 13:40:01

I'm not going to start a fight about this, but I think it must have been off-putting for new members of GN who have happened to stray into the middle of one of those slanging matches.

kittylester Wed 25-Jan-12 13:49:12

I agree annobel

em Wed 25-Jan-12 13:50:17

Hear hear! Let's welcome open-minded new members but then understand if they decide that GN is not quite for them - whatever their reasons. It isn't being unpleasant to acknowledge that it's a case of 'chacun a son gout' - each to their own - nor is it nasty to say that replaying the same scene is becoming tedious.

Ariadne Wed 25-Jan-12 14:18:04

OK.

Carol Wed 25-Jan-12 14:22:24

I, too, have looked on Mumsnet to see if Jingl might be there. What I have noticed each time I have looked on there is how abusive some mums are in the way they speak to each other, and about other people. It doesn't surprise me that mums visiting Gransnet from a culture that Mumsnet has may inadvertently use similar language on here and find they are rebuked - we are more polite and respectful.

em Wed 25-Jan-12 14:52:05

I've ventured onto Mumsnet just once or twice and didn't happen to see anything abusive or rude though I've heard more than once that it does happen. I'll put on my Pedant's hat as I say that I'm really put off by the appalling spelling and grammar. Therefore because I am uncomfortable with some aspects of the site, I simply avoid it.

By the way, I saw an interesting interview on BBC Breakfast today involving a Mumsnet representative and Katie Hopkins (Business woman and ex-Apprentice).
They were discussing whether or not babies should be taken to Olympic events and, if so, should parents have to buy tickets for them?

petallus Wed 25-Jan-12 15:08:12

I must admit I was beginning to think I was back in the girls' dorm! Anyone who wants to drop out of Gransnet should be allowed to do so. Also to return if they feel so inclined. Can we all be grown up about this please?

Annika Wed 25-Jan-12 15:35:06

petallus I agree .There are too many rules in life we all have to abide to.

absentgrana Wed 25-Jan-12 15:42:57

petallus Anyone who wants to drop out of gransnet can. Anyone who wants to return can. What's to be grown up about?

em Wed 25-Jan-12 16:14:22

Annika I don't think anyone mentioned abiding by rules - just making choices.

petallus Wed 25-Jan-12 16:53:51

My point is that this is the second time we are going through trying to get Jingl to come back to Gransnet. Some of the posts even have a pleading quality to them. So far Jingl has not responded. For heaven's sake, surely we should be able to cope with one of our number deciding to opt out without all of this fuss. I know I'm being blunt but I'm irritated.

shehas Wed 25-Jan-12 16:59:00

....but you just haven't spotted it yet.

he he he

GoldenGran Wed 25-Jan-12 17:07:01

Have you done a profile yet shehas ha ha grin

greenmossgiel Wed 25-Jan-12 17:10:37

OK - we now have a new member, then? Let us move on! smile