Gransnet forums

AIBU

I really want

(69 Posts)
bagitha Sat 04-Feb-12 16:18:09

a kimono style loose jacket made in a Kaffe Fassett design. It's expensive so I'd have to raid the piggy bank (drastically). I don't need it ("reason not the need; our basest beggars", etc). It's really me – style and colours. I don't spend any money on make-up or my hair and I have very few no 'posh' clothes. I would wear it a lot. Why can't I justify it to myself?

Jacey Mon 06-Feb-12 10:54:03

thanks Quiltinggran

Quiltinggran Sun 05-Feb-12 22:18:37

I've been away all day lookng after two adorable GC while DS and DDiL had a few hours to themselves to celebrate their wedding anniversary in peace!!

But I've just seen I missed the tea party. Boo hoo! Count me in next time tho.

Jacey, as to quilting books, I would always prefer to look at them before I buy cos everyone's tastes are different but that said the Spectacular Quilts book is great and so is Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott (you don't have to use jelly rolls if you don't want to just strips two and a half inches wide).

Grannylin Sun 05-Feb-12 18:21:19

I think apricot has got the right attitude...you could have spent it on carrots, loo rolls.....and add to that: car insurance, dental fees, Comfort, Febreeze, mouse traps, tapeworm tablets, garam masala, Sylk, rice cookers....etc. YES, you made the right decision!

nanachrissy Sun 05-Feb-12 17:30:20

Baggy, it's beautiful, and I'm sure it will look fabulous on. The sort of thing you can dress up and down and you'll always feel good.
Enjoy every minute of it smile

lucid Sun 05-Feb-12 12:24:53

Pleased that you bought it bagitha - hope we get to see a pic of you wearing it. I once saw a beautiful, long velvet coat but I didn't buy it and have regretted it ever since. The number of times I've thought 'if only' ......sad

Nanban Sun 05-Feb-12 11:44:11

I'm obviously a bit late, but for sure you must have it and thoroughly enjoy it.

Hunt Sat 04-Feb-12 23:46:56

So glad you have ordered it. My criterion is ''if it's gone when I come back will I be really upset .'' Answer ''no'' don't buy it. Answer''Yes'' go ahead. Also our savings are going down in value, prices are going up, there couldn't be a better time to buy! Artgran,I do like your saying, mine is similar'' If you have a penny, buy a ha'penny loaf and a lily'' I often say this in a supermarket if I see someone wondering whether to buy flowers or not.

gracesmum Sat 04-Feb-12 23:20:16

Re titles etc when you join a mailing list - when I was put on the Jo Malone list one of the options was "Brigadier" - tempting! One of the staff said they had all but "Princess" even the boys!smile

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 23:15:00

Bed all night night.

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 23:11:27

Night jingle I am going to have to change my options as trying to get to the bottom of 100 posts takes forever to post a message grin

Why are all the letters getting mixed up when i type them confused

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 23:09:01

should have said ah ha

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 23:08:29

Ahh jingle did DD have anything to do with the missing thermals grin

whatisamashedupphrase Sat 04-Feb-12 23:08:00

Bed for me now! (should have recorded that though) hmm night night. x

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 23:06:05

It's the full monte on 4

whatisamashedupphrase Sat 04-Feb-12 23:04:54

Watching telly. Funny film on channel 4 about a 'superwoman' girlfriend. And then Casualty. Plus DD doing a fashion parade of the thermal underwear base layers she has purchased for her forthcoming trip to outer Norway. hmm

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 22:58:13

Where have you been all night jingle,

whatisamashedupphrase Sat 04-Feb-12 22:56:24

'scuse me! I wasn't even there! shock

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:52:43

All those reports in the times?

whatisamashedupphrase Sat 04-Feb-12 22:50:53

Pardon?!

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:49:17

I think we ought to get commission from them. How about gn negotiating a discount with them. After all we are all ladies.
( well I wonder about jing on occasions?confused

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:46:15

Come on bags, my paintings are more than that but I see them all and every day .
Curiously they are all sea scenes. Tells you something about me!

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:43:40

shysal
Yes I agree, it's lovely. A little above my pay grade though.
Not quite my style either. If you look at the ones I like you'll find my tastes are classically boring?

whatisamashedupphrase Sat 04-Feb-12 22:39:12

£429!!!!!!!!! shock

It's got no buttons!

You'd better frame it and put it on the wall in a shaded position!

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:23:03

Thanks Q
Sounds a bit James bondish?

Quiltinggran Sat 04-Feb-12 22:19:23

jeni you'll find lots of patchwork quilts on the net at all sorts of prices. Just be careful that you don't pay a high price for something that's mass produced! or badly made! It's probably better to look up your local area shops/quilters and try to see examples and talk to the quilter if you can. Do pm me if I can be of any further help.