Gransnet forums

AIBU

I really want

(69 Posts)
bagitha Sat 04-Feb-12 16:18:09

a kimono style loose jacket made in a Kaffe Fassett design. It's expensive so I'd have to raid the piggy bank (drastically). I don't need it ("reason not the need; our basest beggars", etc). It's really me – style and colours. I don't spend any money on make-up or my hair and I have very few no 'posh' clothes. I would wear it a lot. Why can't I justify it to myself?

Jacey Sat 04-Feb-12 22:16:51

Quiltinggran is that the one you'd recommend? Sorry ...quilting book?

Have been on Amazon looking at his knitting books ...but want to check them out -in hand - before ordering one/any!!

Think my quilting skills are higher than my knitting ones ...so would go with a recommendation for that. thanks

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:16:04

I really want the ikebana dress andtropicana dressage,

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:11:50

That should read quilting.
I think their stuff is gorgeous. The stuff I bought was all in the sale!

Quiltinggran Sat 04-Feb-12 22:10:55

bagitha this quilt is the very simple 'bars of gold' made with jelly rolls and with cerise sashings so it will rely on and look fabulous (I hope) with the fantastic KF fabrics. I made one for a friend last year in gorgeous autumn shades - and could hardly part with that one either! My favourite book of his at the moment is 'Simple Shapes Spectacular Quilts.

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 22:08:44

*qui
Ting*i have always wanted a patchwork quilt. Where can I buy them?

shysal Sat 04-Feb-12 21:58:19

I have fallen in love with the sea horse cardigan, but unlike bagitha I don't think I would often wear it because I am always too hot. Can't justify the £520!

bagitha Sat 04-Feb-12 21:13:27

quilting, which quilt are you making? I have several of the KF quilt books so I might have a picture.

bagitha Sat 04-Feb-12 21:01:24

That photo is from five or six years ago. I'm re-growing my hair and it's an indeterminate shoulder length now but more like that than the previous photo. Apart from general 'fading' (and wrinkles and more grey silver hair) my face hasn't changed much wink.

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 20:34:35

baggy just looked at your profile, is your hair long now, you have changed your profile photo?

Quiltinggran Sat 04-Feb-12 20:29:59

Seen it and it's fabulous. envy

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 20:29:07

quilting respect, I would love to have the skill to produce something so beautiful.

Quiltinggran Sat 04-Feb-12 20:21:04

I love his fabrcs and his quilting and patchwork books too. Have just started a commissioned quilt mainly using his 'jewel' prints - I just know I shan't want to hand it over when it's finshed! And I will be looking at the Peruvian Connection website any minute now!

glassortwo Sat 04-Feb-12 20:16:30

Oh I love some of the coats....

Jacey Sat 04-Feb-12 20:11:27

Thank you Jeni ...thought I found the one bagitha wanted!
Enjoy it bagithasunshine

Had a bit of a rummage on the site ...downloaded a couple of free scarf patterns ...though couldn't get the couple of tops to download ...but pretty certain they would be beyond my skills range.

Think I'm going to have to go on Amazon and find one of his knitting books ...I so like his designs. smile I think I first came across him in the 80s ...he did a tv series?? I bought a needlework book then.

bagitha Sat 04-Feb-12 19:34:19

The website is Peruvian Connection. A lot of it is for skinny malinky long-leggses with a sexy pout (wish that blond model would close her mouth!), but there is gorgeous stuff that would suit us all. It's the "origami kimono" I'm going for. Once in a lifetime.....

grin

Annobel Sat 04-Feb-12 19:22:26

I hope that when it arrives you will post a picture on your profile.

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 19:19:56

Peruvian connections. I loved the payment bit. Not just mr mrs miss ms etc but the honourable, lord ,lady, HRH etc
You know it's expensive when you have that sort of choice.grin

Ariadne Sat 04-Feb-12 19:09:25

baggy please send me the website! xx

Butternut Sat 04-Feb-12 19:04:52

The things I have walked away from because I felt I couldn't afford it are few and far between, but I remember every single one to this day, and wish I had bought them. All sculptures, ceramics or paintings.

You can't beat things that feed the soul. smile

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 18:53:07

Arty gran. That's why I now have 3philip greys and a Ruskin.

apricot Sat 04-Feb-12 18:47:47

If you hadn't spent the money on a beautiful jacket it would have gone on potatoes, carrots, loo rolls, washing powder, cat food, Elastoplast, birthday cards, stamps, shampoo, milk, crisps, fish fingers, gas, council tax, VAT, petrol, etc etc. Boring stuff.
If offered £X-worth of boring stuff OR that jacket, you know which you'd take.

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 18:21:01

Baggy what a lovely site and they had a sale on! I've just ordered a load. I think I've spent as much as you. That top woll really suit you. Thanks.

Oldgreymare Sat 04-Feb-12 18:07:39

Bagitha it sounds lovely and will wow the islanders this summer. Do we get to see a picture?

MrsJamJam Sat 04-Feb-12 17:41:14

So glad to see you have ordered it. Cost per wear will make it a wonderful investment and it will make you feel wonderful.

artygran Sat 04-Feb-12 17:39:44

Go ahead and buy it - don't think about it, just do it. I wish we had done this some years ago when we saw a painting in a gallery in Wales. We had the money, and my husband said that he thought we should buy it, but at the time, he was not working, having been made redundant a few months earlier and I did not think we could justify the outlay. The gallery owner even said we could pay for it over a period, but I still said no. I have regretted it ever since. DH went on to get another job not long after and by that time, the painting had gone. Beautiful things enhance your life. "If thou of fortune art bereft, and of thine earthly store have left two loaves, sell one and with the dole, buy hyacinths to feed thy soul"! Feed your soul, Baggy!