Gransnet forums

AIBU

PC World! very angry, off to see the manager tomorrow, talk about customer service!

(33 Posts)
bikergran Sun 12-Feb-12 18:05:12

Think I am allowed to say PC World am I!
Have been thinking about a new laptop as this one is ancient and dying on me, so picked out a model on the PC World website and trotted off to the store, had only just got inside when the usual "can I help you" "no Im ok at the moment thanks" so I went to find the model I was interested in but no it was not on display, so the chap who spoke to me as I came in was nearby, I asked do you have such n such a model? he said "how much was it"? I said £399, straight away he said "sorry no we don't have that model in stock. he said I know because another customer has just been in to ask"!!!! (hmmm strange I thought) also according to the net it was! in stock, but i didnt argue as I wasnt 100% sure of my facts.....he then said "BUT WE DO HAVE THIS!! MODEL" (£100 EXTRA)..he then goes on to tell me all the so called extras etc etc etc ...I said no thanks and walked out!! puzzled I went back home checked the net and yes it WAS in stock...so I rang and spoke to some one who then put me through to customer service..unfortuantly I didnt get the mans name and they asked me to describe him, which I couldnt do as we have to be so carefull what we say these days...havn't we! she was most apologetic and even offered something off if I was to still purchase the item...but I declined...and I am off to the store tomorrow to see the manager..as I feel disgusted that this person thought he could pull one over on a "gransnet " person!! angry
huh!! the top and bottom of it..was he couldn't be bothered to go and look and!! he thought "here comesa granny" lets lead her a little dance, and if I get her to buy the more expensive model I will have more! commision!!...huh!!

Carol Mon 13-Feb-12 16:38:38

Well, I never knew that! Is there anything else we have two of that people assume comes singly jeni?

jeni Mon 13-Feb-12 16:57:00

I have no idea but I do know we only have one baggy and one jinggrin

Carol Mon 13-Feb-12 17:17:06

Did someone say 'thank goodness?' Both Bags and Jing keep it lively (too much in common if you ask me!) What????....tee heee grin

Greatnan Mon 13-Feb-12 18:34:51

Does it still count as one if a member has multiple personalities?

Carol Mon 13-Feb-12 19:00:18

My dad tested his consumer rights to the extreme. In 1960, he bought a black knitted tie from Lewis's department store in Manchester, for a funeral.

20 years later!!! he found that the edge was fraying. He took it back and they gave him a replacement of his choice. Cheek!

grannyactivist Mon 13-Feb-12 20:22:17

Carol gringrin

Greatnan Mon 13-Feb-12 22:50:00

My ex-husband used to wear Tuf shoes which were guaranteed for six months. He took back several pairs after five months and they were always replaced.