Gransnet forums

AIBU

Rain, winds and tempests.

(41 Posts)
gracesmum Sun 29-Apr-12 11:44:01

Am I alone in wanting to crawl back under the duvet and sleep through until summer?
Conditions seem to be close to apocalyptic and this is in the "soft" East Midlands. Quite surprised not to see damage when I got up this morning. Where is the sunshine ?

Ariadne Sun 29-Apr-12 19:18:30

No! Really?

gracesmum Sun 29-Apr-12 21:23:00

No, just winding you up grin

kittylester Sun 29-Apr-12 21:23:45

Out from under the duvet quick Gracesmum summer is tomorrow!! sunshine

gracesmum Sun 29-Apr-12 22:37:13

just tomorrow, I suppose?

Nonu Mon 30-Apr-12 08:34:00

Here in suffolk still chucking it down in fact , hasn"t stopped since they announced the hosepipe ban . Remember those lovely balmy days a few weeks ago sitting in the garden with morning coffee then later on a nice hour or so in lovely sunshine sunshine

Annobel Mon 30-Apr-12 08:59:08

The sky is blue! There's a brisk breeze and it's blowing several trees-worth of birch pollen in my direction. Oh, there I go. Silver lining tarnished already... wink

Ariadne Mon 30-Apr-12 09:02:35

Beautiful morning here in Kent, but apparently it won't last. Might get off my bum and do some washing! In a minute...

Bags Mon 30-Apr-12 09:13:15

You'll all be pleased to know that a strong easterly wind has reached Bagsland now. wink

ninathenana Mon 30-Apr-12 15:37:48

Lovely day here at DD's in Surrey.

Complete change for yesterday, When I went out to get some supplies and came across a road blocked by a tree ! Not knowing the area that well I needed SatNav to find my way to tesco grin

Ariadne Mon 30-Apr-12 17:12:12

Beautiful, beautiful evening - a gift.

goldengirl Mon 30-Apr-12 17:19:03

Have dared to put my washing out today - and it's dry. Very warm in the sun but the wind is chilly. Still, I'm not complaining. We've had such heavy downpours recently.

jack Mon 30-Apr-12 18:07:46

Torrential rain in Dorset yesterday. Manic winds today. But have managed to fill three charity bags and clear some cupboard space for an avalanche of friends coming here to sample the joys of May and June on the sunny (?) south coast. Pity about the forecast! Especially as I'm going to a 70th birthday party tomorrow - in a friend's garden. Thermals to the fore ... shock

glammanana Mon 30-Apr-12 18:30:11

Well we have had all four seasons in one day here I wish it would make its mind up confused

jack Mon 30-Apr-12 18:38:16

We might think we can control our children and grandchildren (wishful thinking of course) but one thing we can't control is the weather. Odd, isn't it. You'd think we'd have mastered it by now. confused

Jacey Mon 30-Apr-12 19:37:38

Yes Ariadne ...so warm today ..didn't need my jacket!! shock after such awful weather over the weekend!!