Gransnet forums

AIBU

denim skirts

(17 Posts)
gracesmum Sat 05-May-12 11:54:15

Is that in their "crinkly" fabric Hb? I have wondered about those.

Humbertbear Sat 05-May-12 09:38:24

I have a wonderful denim skirt which, much to the embarrassment of my American friend, I bought in Wallmart for something like $10 six years ago. If I'd known how wonderful it would be I would have bought two. I have a wonderful black trouser suit from Orvis which doesn't crease and drips dry after washing that travels everywhere with me.

gracesmum Fri 04-May-12 12:50:10

I have found Orvis sizing generous and remember that often they quote US sizes and the UK equivalent is a lower number. Sounds as if you have embraced the Orvis concept wholeheartedly! My apologies if this results in bread and no dripping in the stansgran household.

Anne58 Thu 03-May-12 21:18:50

Oh heavens, I'm quite embarrassed to answer this!

A couple of years ago I bought a denim skirt in a local charity shop. Good length, well cut, adjustable waist buttons etc. £2, bargain!

It was only when I got it home I realised it was a maternity one!

(I still wear it blush )

johanna Thu 03-May-12 19:33:45

Hello stan
Great stuff is it not, Orvis?
The gent's sizing is extremely generous, maybe the ladies is as well?

Stansgran Thu 03-May-12 19:08:21

Thank you thank you thank you gracesmum have just gone to orvis and found exactly what i am looking for. What is the sizing like before I order 2 denim jackets a quilted coat and a silk jacket before DH hides my credit card/

Stansgran Thu 03-May-12 19:00:12

I live in denim skirts-have straight and flared-four at the last count. I would love a denim jacket -not to go with them but not biker style more boyfriend-any help?

goldengirl Thu 03-May-12 17:04:56

My denim skirt comes from Orvis. I bought it years ago and it's still going strong. It's A line and a decent length and it's been washed and washed and wa.........

susiecb Thu 03-May-12 12:22:09

I love a nice denim skirt and used to rely on Per Una but they do not have anything orth wearing at the mo. I think we are all meant to like short tight skirts to show off our tattoos.

GoldenGran Thu 03-May-12 10:27:21

Bodensee has them in their Spring catalogue, they are just below the knee.

Hunt Thu 03-May-12 09:30:01

What a great forum! Problem solved.

borstalgran Wed 02-May-12 17:25:26

Thanks to all. Did the Ovis - here's hoping it fits! Never met the company before and will keep them in mind.

ninathenana Wed 02-May-12 16:38:54

http://www.oxendales.co.uk/shop/1/_/N-1ytvjzl/Ntt-denim+skirt/products/show.action

ninathenana Wed 02-May-12 16:35:11

oxendale catalouge. They are mainly plus sizes but do smaller too.

borstalgran Wed 02-May-12 16:33:05

Thanks gracesmum. Not seen that one on line, will surf forthwith!

gracesmum Wed 02-May-12 16:24:20

Orvis mail order - a bit pricey for what I always think of as wardrobe staples - try online?

borstalgran Wed 02-May-12 15:41:14

Am I being unreasonable in wanting a denim skirt with a bit of shape and bum coverage? Off to Aus for birth of second grandchild and thought a denim skirt would be great - with thick tights or sandals depending on temperature. Cannot find one anywhere. If anyone has any advice ...