Gransnet forums

AIBU

feeling left out

(196 Posts)
nelliedeane Wed 09-May-12 19:00:15

am feeling very left out and unloved,you all seem to know each other so well and are all meeting up with each other,and I dont seem to fit in to any of the niches,or fit in to any of the groups already formed am a very sad nellie,and feel very cross with myself for sounding so needy,nellie is having a bad daysad

nelliedeane Sun 13-May-12 21:10:32

and saved a poor wretch like me

jeni Sun 13-May-12 21:24:08

Allelujah every body, sing hosanna to the king of kings!

Greatnan Sun 13-May-12 21:44:56

I once sang in a choir at a school where I was teaching - the Hallelujah Chorus. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.......
I have an odd voice for a woman - I couldn't manage the top notes so I had to mime like John Redwood 'singing' 'Land of My Fathers'.

nelliedeane Mon 14-May-12 08:51:02

sorry I had to jump ship before we got going...teenage crisis !

nanachrissy Mon 14-May-12 09:19:07

My mum chose "Amazing Grace" for her funeral hymn. It was a nightmare! Not easy to sing at the best of times but at your mum's funeral...impossible!

mgwnzy Mon 14-May-12 09:20:29

Hi Nellie, Sorry you are feeling a bit low today. How about posting a bit of info about yourself, what interest you, maybe even your circumstances if you feel able to share.

As a Gransnet member for only a few days myself, its seems to the that the Gransnet members are really warm hearted, kind, sympathetic and very good at cheering each other up.

Most importantly, I bet there is more than one of them out there who have the same experiences as you.

Go on... be brave, and I hope by the end of the day you will feel a whole lot better.

mgwnzy Mon 14-May-12 09:28:48

Sorry Nelliedeane, I should read the other posts first before jumping in. I assumed from your post that you were a new member.

Anyway I really hope all the kind comments you have received from your post have helped

nelliedeane Mon 14-May-12 09:39:56

Mgwnzy..thankyou am feeling much better now I had really just had a bad day/week and was clumsily saying I wanted to let off steam,I am bringing up my GD after my DD died in suspicious circumstances 8 years ago,things arent always easy with a teenager at the best of times but she has emotional difficulties and can be quite challenging at times.
I am quite a happy little soul usually and I love GN,it is so kind of you to ask how I am,and Im sure we will have lots of chats on here I joined in March in time for the mothers day postings.
I think as women we all share many experiences in different ways,but I think the biggest of those is that we are all parents/grandparents,my story although tragic ,is matched by other GNs who are having difficult times in their lives and you are right we all take turns to show empathy and support to those who are having a traumatic time...we also have loads of fun at the virtual parties...and I loved your first maiden thread....how did your name come about its certainly different xxxxxxsmile and a hug

mgwnzy Mon 14-May-12 10:49:39

Oh thank you Nelliedeane. I felt really sad for you when I read your post first thing this morning, but I now feel a whole lot better.

I am told my name is Welsh, I know a lot of people think I am from one to the African countries because of the lack of vowels. My dad's gran was welsh, so he told me! However, my dad had an amazing sense of humour and told me many hilarious things that I believed that later turned out not to be so. Many of his "true stories" about the war, turned up in Spike Milligans autobiorgraphy, Readers Digest and ITMA sketches. He would have accused them of stealing from him!! Sadly he died when I was young, but I think I have inherited all of his genes, I certainly see him living on through my own three kids.

Love

soop Mon 14-May-12 11:02:36

mgwnzy A special warm welcome from me. Your message to my pal nelliedeane was most thoughtful. I would be lost without my daily dose of Gransnet. LURVE it [and the gang] to bits...grin

AlisonMA Mon 14-May-12 11:06:55

Missed out on the hymn singing for which you must all be greatly relieved. i love to sing but everyone else seems to have a problem when I do!

nelliedeane Mon 14-May-12 11:14:55

grin Alison...am normaly asked to sing solo....solo they cant hear me.

AlisonMA Mon 14-May-12 11:21:39

nellie Nice one, May I borrow it please? (smile)

Bags Mon 14-May-12 11:28:22

mgwnzy, I think w and y count as vowels in Welsh. smile

Anagram Mon 14-May-12 11:29:22

But there's no z in the Welsh language. wink

Leticia Sun 20-May-12 16:52:50

I didn't even know that there were groups and that people knew each other so I wouldn't worry!

jeni Sun 20-May-12 17:26:45

Well said!

Maniac Sun 20-May-12 20:03:44

hello Leticia.I love your name .I had a lovely aunt with that name -called her 'Aunty Letty'
It is hard to keep up with all the threads on Gransnet.Sorry I missed the hymn singing.
It helps to feel you know someone if they go into the Blue Zone i.e.enter their profile.
Thanks to Bags I now know about the 'Bookmark' facility .Haven't tried it yet.
flowers for you and flowers for nelliedeane as well.

nelliedeane Mon 21-May-12 08:19:35

thanks Maniac and all just re reading the post about Amazing Grace for a funeral hymn from Nannachrissy my mum had KINGSTON TOWN as she loved UB40 and reggae having had a jamaican partner for 20 years so we decided to play that for her as we both used to bop around to it and I would have to play it for her when she came grin

Leticia Tue 22-May-12 07:26:11

Hi Maniac-Thanks-I didn't know there were profiles! I chose my name from my family history-it seems more interesting than my own.