Gransnet forums

AIBU

Nipple piercing to raise money for breast care unit?

(65 Posts)
JessM Fri 11-May-12 09:29:37

AIBU or just old fashioned to think this does not seem right. Yes it is a great way for a local tattoo and piercing business to get a bit of publicity in the paper - £5 for each piercing to local breast care unit appeal (male and female nipples, just before we start ranting)
I think the fundraiser should have declined this kind offer. Not only does it seem just wrong at a gut level.
But the NHS has to treat people who get infected piercings or who want tattoos removed.

pompa Sat 12-May-12 21:22:06

Sorry - If You Believe That You Will Believe Anything.

Pierced nipples -- no way. I have a problem with pieced noses, our daughter had her's done, I always have this vision of a boggy stuck on the other end. Yuk.

Jacey Sat 12-May-12 15:20:23

Thanx Anagram ...have therefore deciphered the rest!!

Anagram Sat 12-May-12 15:12:59

If you believe that.......etc.!

Jacey Sat 12-May-12 14:41:14

OK ...can someone tell me what IYBTYWBA means please?

pompa Sat 12-May-12 14:16:20

Oh I have to come back for this thread !!!!!.

@ Anagram, from what some members think of men from time to to, I would have thought that a pierced scrotum would give them extreme pleasure -- providing of course they were the ones doing the piercing. [ouch]

Having had my nipple pierced some years back, I find it most useful, I always have somewhere to hange my car keys when I go swimming. grin. IYBTYWBA.

jeni Sat 12-May-12 13:39:33

phoenix are we saying jing is a group of demonsconfused[big wooden spoon]grin

Anagram Sat 12-May-12 13:08:04

Quite. I can't imagine any feasible position which would lead to a pierced scrotum givin a woman more pleasure! confused

JessM Sat 12-May-12 12:49:28

mmm , I am trying to imagine just how exactly. I think a pierced scrotum heading in my direction would make me a little nervous.

Jacey Sat 12-May-12 12:46:37

have heard JessM ...but hasten to add, not from experienceblush ...that your last point, increases the pleasure of the female! grin

JessM Sat 12-May-12 12:33:47

Bags - LOL.
Legion just means a lot doesn't it. Or have I got this wrong?
Think we would spot you even if you called yourself margaret thatcher, jings. Your inimitable style would shine through.
But to respond to you, I think this kind of thing, with apparent health service endorsement could encourage people. The business is getting what is effectively a large, cheap advert in the paper, and it might encourage those who are toying with the idea. Also it normalises it.
I know piercings and tattoos are normal, but surely nipple and mouth piercings are much more likely to lead to problems? The nipple is not just any old bit of skin. And the mouth is teeming with bacteria.
How about scrotum piercing to raise money for testicular cancer. What a great idea!

Jacey Sat 12-May-12 12:27:11

Going back to the OP ...on reading it ... I immediately wanted to fold my arms (to hide mine) ...it was an "ouch" reaction! shock

I don't understand anyone wanting to pierce their bodies ...seems like self-mutilation to me confused

However ...I tend to agree with jj ...in that people will not go to have it done in order to have £5 donated to charity ...they would be into body piercing anyway!

soop Sat 12-May-12 12:11:44

imjings I was not trying to wind you up [if that's what think] confused it's just that until yesterday, I hadn't come across jinglo...sounds like how I feel after a G&T grin

Anagram Sat 12-May-12 11:35:01

Legion is a group of demons referred to in the Bible. confused

absentgrana Sat 12-May-12 11:27:03

There's no one called Legion listed in the London telephone directory. (British Legion doesn't count.)

jeni Sat 12-May-12 11:17:49

I thing somebody biblical was legion?confused

absentgrana Sat 12-May-12 11:04:30

phoenix For heaven's sake – we don't want her name to be legion or we'd never know who she was. grin

Bags Sat 12-May-12 06:04:15

Just put a number after jing and you will never run out of jing options, jing739, or whatever it is. wink

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 23:13:19

But why do you keep doing it, jings?

You seem to leave when you've had a confrontation or disagreement with someone, or are pee'd off by the way a thread is going, then come back anyway - why go to all the trouble of unsubscribing and then rejoining?

imjings Fri 11-May-12 23:05:03

And I'm bound to run out of 'jing' names soon. [hopeful]

imjings Fri 11-May-12 23:04:18

pardon???

Anything with 'jing' in it is likely to be me.

I'm desperately trying to get off this flipping website once and for all. So I unsubscribe every now and again. You cannot rejoin with the same name. I will try to keep away by not even reading it! smile

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 22:50:58

Jings, in whichever identity you choose to adopt, and they have been legion, goodness knows why, but that is your choice, you are of course free to put your point of view across.

You refer up there ^ in your post of 22.26 Quote " What actually am I doing to upset anyone?"

I don't think you are upsetting anyone, and that, I think is the problem, on this occasion!

imjings Fri 11-May-12 22:29:38

I repeat, I don't think these people giving five pounds to charity for each nipple piercing they carry out is ever going to encourae anyone to do it.

Why shouldn't a bit of good come out of idiocy?

imjings Fri 11-May-12 22:26:32

Is there any reason why I shouldn't put my point of view on this thread? confused

It has got to be quite obvious to anyone who I am. I don't try to hide my 'identity'.

When you unsubscribe from GN there is a note which says "of course, you can always join again".

What actually am I doing to upset anyone? confused

Anne58 Fri 11-May-12 22:23:56

nanachrissy thanks for that , but would you care to elaborate on which points? Anagram seems to have mentioned both points, but I'm now getting confuddled!

Anagram Fri 11-May-12 22:22:38

You have, phoenix!