Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be LIVID with the people who sold me a car - Skoda (VW) MK

(11 Posts)
JessM Wed 23-May-12 18:21:05

Just lifted the bonnet on our newish Skoda Yeti - had it since the winter. Never had cause to fill the screen wash til now.
OMG - the cap on top of the engine loose, just resting there - oil sprayed everywhere! Oil level on dipstick just a shade north of tolerable.
Inspires total faith in their ability to service it! And they are not open until the morning!!! Mega complaint call coming up.

nanachrissy Wed 23-May-12 18:27:43

That is totally unacceptable Jess. When you've calmed a little, write out what you are going to say, and make sure they grovel!

JessM Wed 23-May-12 19:25:38

Thanks nc a good clean up and 5 litres of oil, for starters...

Annobel Wed 23-May-12 19:32:21

Heads must roll - all the way to Trading Standards if necessary!

Anne58 Wed 23-May-12 21:30:15

A good phrase to use when complaining is "this has caused me to lose faith in your company/product" and or "I was going to recommend you to friends/family but......."

No, I'm not a professional complainer, in fact I do it rarely, but you learn a bit doing what I used to do!

Good luck JessM !

PS It can also be a good starting point to say to the person that you are speaking to "I do appreciate that this is not your fault personally, however....."

(I do of course mean "to whom one is speaking")

gracesmum Thu 24-May-12 00:13:15

Gosh - I have always had fantastic service from Skoda (onto our second and third) both from our local dealers (did you go to the one in Kingston? If so, have a severe word with Barry) and from the company themselves. We have found the cars reliable, relatively cheap to run (1 Octavia, 1 Roomster and a Fabia) and no, I am not being paid by Skoda so no need to report me!
We had a problem last year with water leaking into the boot of the Fabia, just out of warranty and Barry at Kingston had it fixed then spoke to Skoda and they footed the whole bill as a gesture of goodwill!

JessM Fri 25-May-12 06:59:57

It is Barry at Kingston apparently - but he failed to call me back and then I was out all day. Wind taken out of sails by DH, brought up a catholic, saying "well I can't remember putting any oil in, but I could have - it might have been me..." That urge to confess I think, runs deep. But the original complementary oil in the boot still so I think it was skoda.
A job for today...

janthea Fri 25-May-12 10:52:07

Nothing to do with the OP, but I live in Kingston!!

j04 Fri 25-May-12 10:54:14

Tell DH to keep his gob shut not mention that it could have been him.

wink

JessM Sat 26-May-12 08:32:10

janthea ! I thought for a moment you might be a neighbour and then I thought - but there are no houses in Kingston - it is all car dealerships and costco... we are talking about Kingston area of MK - you must live in K on Thames? pity not a neighbour :(

gracesmum Sat 26-May-12 11:29:16

You forget Starbucks, jessM, M&S and although I a not a fan (whisper) Tesco.