Gransnet forums

AIBU

to feel ignored?

(84 Posts)
gracesmum Sun 03-Jun-12 12:08:35

(No, I am not setting out to rival ian42 but making a point on a thread which nobody responds to, then somebody else says something similar and everybody goes "Good point, whoever" - like a voice in the wilderness, I sometimes wonder what is the point of commenting.sad

GoldenGran Tue 05-Jun-12 17:37:53

Thanks Jacey, I too was up late last night, but think I was up a bit early and grumpy and whiney and fell into this thread which pandered to my mood! Am fine now,sorry for being so miserable, am a jolly soul most of the timesunshine

Ella46 Tue 05-Jun-12 11:11:51

Stansgran grin No, Dolores is very glam and sexy and rather naughty blush while Hilda is very staid,prim and boring.grin
Never know which one it's going to be but it's not so often Dolores these days! confused

Jacey Tue 05-Jun-12 11:05:33

Yes I did GoldenGran [crown] it may have been well over 2hrs after you posted ...but some of us were up late last night flag ...and others have since commented too!! [crown]

Stansgran Tue 05-Jun-12 10:55:06

Why don't you just say I agree with [XYZ]'s post I am still struggling to know if Dolores is like her name all sad and weepy and Hilda is frightfully efficient and rather artistic(my mother's best friendwas a Hilda like that)

GoldenGran Tue 05-Jun-12 10:08:03

Have a great timejeni wine. butter great post. I am one who has to struggle against feeling ignored,but I do realise that it isn't intentional and sometimes thing slip by and people move on to other threads. Iam also slightly shy of adding comments as people have often got there first and said it in a much more eloquent way than I. I do love it though and will try and be more bold. Nobody commented on my Jubilee thing, there have said it, off to hide now.blush

jeni Tue 05-Jun-12 09:51:10

Ouch.
We are sailing, we are sailing,

Oh hear us when we cry to Thee------

grin

glammanana Tue 05-Jun-12 09:40:35

jeni enjoy wine vodka wine vodka.Sea ? you soon grin

glassortwo Tue 05-Jun-12 08:36:39

butter lovely post, well said smile

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 22:50:05

grinwinewinewine

greenmossgiel Mon 04-Jun-12 22:35:03

Have a lovely time, jeni!

gracesmum Mon 04-Jun-12 22:33:49

"Sailing, we are sailing....." la, la, la,
Bon voyage, jeni!

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 21:47:36

Thanks!

Butternut Mon 04-Jun-12 21:42:57

Bon voyage dear jeni. Happy sailing!

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 21:10:42

Bon voyagage mes cheries!

greenmossgiel Mon 04-Jun-12 21:08:12

Butternut, that was a lovely post. It sums up so much of what we all feel. flowers

greenmossgiel Mon 04-Jun-12 21:06:18

Take care, Greatnan - look forward to hearing from you again soon. smile

JessM Mon 04-Jun-12 21:05:38

Hi profile free butternut have you reported on the wedding on one of the other threads yet?

Bags Mon 04-Jun-12 21:04:51

or thirded!

Bags Mon 04-Jun-12 21:04:20

Seconded! Well said, butty smile. Cheers wine, everyone! flowers

Greatnan Mon 04-Jun-12 21:04:01

Going to bed now - alarm set for 3.30 a.m. as our flight to Sharm leaves at 6.30 a.m.
I am not taking my laptop so you will be happy to know that I won't be posting much for the next two weeks!
Love to you all, and best wishes for all of you with health or family problems, tribunals, etc.

Anagram Mon 04-Jun-12 21:02:36

Well said indeed, butter. You have expressed my sentiments exactly, but in a much better way than I could - I'm sure Grossi and others perhaps lurking at the fringes will be encouraged by your post. smile

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 20:57:38

butter well put! And be assured we all love you very much!
I was so thankful when you all chipped in when I was worried about DD!
I don't ask for help easily, but it's nice to know its there if you need it!

To all of GN!

Butternut Mon 04-Jun-12 20:52:47

I guess because I tend to be serious, and want to go for what lies underneath comments, I definitely hang back from saying anything, to the point that I end up by saying very little. I'm also aware that I am uneducated in certain fields and so do not have the depth of knowledge that some GN-ers have, so lack confidence in joining in some debates.
I do love to encourage and celebrate though!
I feel awkward joining in the banter - can't seem to do that too well - and yet there has been such warmth and understanding from GN-ers that I often feel very held. It's a contrary business, I find, this virtual way of developing friendships, but I wouldn't be without it.
I think the best way of being with GN is accepting that it takes time to find one's feet, and looking at what one's expectations are of this very different way of developing friendships. It takes confidence which not everyone has, but it can be a good place to start.
There I go again, too serious!! grin
We all communicate because as Jess said quite some time ago on another thread, maybe we all have a space in our lives that needs to be filled.
It's in the filling of that space that sensitivities can become hurt, or that feelings/comments are ignored, but never have I felt that it has been intentional.

Anagram Mon 04-Jun-12 20:40:28

You'll be fine, jeni, because you're a ☆ !

Grumpy old neighbour might be transformed on board...wink

jeni Mon 04-Jun-12 20:35:23

I'm a shy retiring violet, very shy!. And I'm scared of going tomorrow. I know I'll be all right after the first night, but at the moment, I'm scared

Oh did I tell you all that the grumpy old man next door is on the same cruise but he doesn't know that I'm on it!

If you hear of fights or explosions on the QM2 it's us!