Gransnet forums

AIBU

Small Print

(19 Posts)
Anagram Fri 29-Jun-12 21:19:59

Boots handcream is the same - the top of the night cream is just a shade darket than that of the day cream, and at night I just grab the nearest one! The only difference seems to be the UV protection factor anyway - doesn't really matter much these days! confused

dottiegran Fri 29-Jun-12 21:15:38

I can so relate to your posts about the shampoo and conditioner. I am using John Frieda products which come in identical brown tubes apart from the words shampoo and conditioner in minute writing. Packaging can only have been designed by a man! Have had to resort to wrapping bright blue gaffer tape around the conditioner so I can tell which is which in the steamed up shower sans glasses or contact lense. Come to think of it, I need a magnifying glass to read it anyway even with the glasses! Wish manufacturers would give some thought to the practicalities.

greenmossgiel Fri 29-Jun-12 21:00:19

Annika and yoga- you both made me laugh!! grin

yogagran Fri 29-Jun-12 20:54:35

A friend of mine has just told me that she shampooed her hair with the dog's flea shampoo hmm

Annika Fri 29-Jun-12 18:17:37

Even when I put my bottle of shampoo and conditioner in the rght order by the shower you can bet that some idiot AKA Mr Annika some one will have moved them or even worse has used them and all thats left in the bottles is just enough air to make a rude noiseblush. So not only can I not read the small print on the bottles I also seem to have a bad case of wind blush

kittylester Fri 29-Jun-12 17:56:14

The shampoo and conditioner that I use (did you really expect me to remember what it's called!) comes with a lid at the top of one (can't remember which) and one with a lid on the bottom (the other one!) confused Old age is a terrible thing but better than the alternative!!

AlieOxon Fri 29-Jun-12 17:23:46

Yes, and the price labels that are right down by the floor, too! I can't read them - and I often can't reach the thing anyway, if the front ones are gone and the others are under the next shelf.....!

Greatnan Fri 29-Jun-12 17:14:34

I use '2 in 1' Head and Shoulders, so I don't have a problem, but I also have to take off my glasses in the supermarket to read ingredients.

Bags Fri 29-Jun-12 17:13:48

Or have what DD used to call a maggleflying-glass to hand (cheap and waterproof, natch).

absentgrana Fri 29-Jun-12 17:12:22

Pantene shampoo and conditioner have different coloured tops – black for shampoo and white for conditioner. The printing on the conditioner bottle is such that standing it on its "top" is the right way up, while that on the shampoo bottle is such that standing it on its bottom is the right way up. That's fine until the shampoo bottle is nearly empty and you turn it upside down so that when you come to wash your hair, it's easy to get the last bit out. Maybe you could stand one bottle one side of the shower and the other bottle opposite.

Anagram Fri 29-Jun-12 17:07:50

Oh dear, if it's that bad.....confused

Bez Fri 29-Jun-12 16:53:15

The trouble then would be remembering which colour was which!

ninathenana Fri 29-Jun-12 16:47:50

I support you in your arguments although I don't have the problem myself.

Just a thought, could you decant shampoo etc. into bottles with different coloured tops.

Barrow Fri 29-Jun-12 16:44:47

Going round the supermarket is also a problem. If I want to check the ingredients on a package I have to take off my "normal" glasses and put on my reading glasses, even then there are times when I still can't read the small print! Perhaps we should start a campaign !

Anagram Fri 29-Jun-12 16:37:42

Or they could have a big, raised S and C on the lids.

Bags Fri 29-Jun-12 16:33:21

Braille would help. It's not difficult to learn a few words, or even just "shampoo". Then you wouldn't use anything that didn't say "shampoo". Our shower is over the bath and I only keep shampoo and conditoner nearby (different coloured lids). Everything else is out of reach from the shower.

Annika Fri 29-Jun-12 16:19:47

Bez I know what you mean about being spec-less in the shower I have washed my hair in body lotion before now and that takes some washing out of hair I can tell you . confused

Bez Fri 29-Jun-12 16:09:26

That gets me too - they always put the word shampoo in small letters in a well hidden place - or that's how it seems to me when spec-less and in shower.

BarbaraAbbs Fri 29-Jun-12 15:40:35

Having frequently shampooed my hair with conditioner and got athlete's foot cream mixed up with... well I won't go into details but it did make me jump ... isn't there someway we could persuade manufacturers to put the names of their products in LARGE print. Could we tell manufacturers that we do not wear our specs in the shower, or even in the bathroom.

Currently I am using PAntene products for my hair. On the two bottles 'NEW' is writ large, as is Pantene and even 'volume and body' is larger than the words shampoo and conditioner. One has a black lid, the other a white, but can I remember which is which. No I cannot.

Why do they do this? could we persuade them to change?