Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect Asda to have loose white onions in stock!

(13 Posts)
bikergran Fri 13-Jul-12 21:48:16

I mean what supermarket runs out of loose white onions...?
I asked the lady who said "nooo sorry we don't have any" "we have packs of 3 red onions" no thankyou I said..I just wanted 1 white onion..smile I did feel like abandoning my trollye and jjust going Tesco hmm

bikergran Fri 13-Jul-12 21:55:11

trolley and just one "j " in just lol you see I make spelling mistakes when i am angry lol

Anagram Fri 13-Jul-12 22:03:52

Can't be worse than our local Tesco store! Sometimes most of their vegetable trays are empty - and not just on Saturday evening.

jeni Fri 13-Jul-12 22:05:10

I remember many years ago. My gran died! It was in the time when one wore black for funerals.
I went to the dress shop, to be told
"sorry, modem, this is not the season for mourning"
.?????!!!!!!

Annobel Fri 13-Jul-12 22:12:04

Remind me - when is it fashionable to die?

Anagram Fri 13-Jul-12 22:15:47

In the deep midwinter, I presume.....hmm

jeni Fri 13-Jul-12 22:19:29

When frosty wind made moan!( Dark version)

jeni Fri 13-Jul-12 22:25:06

Earth, it felt like toffee
Water, all around.
Rain had fallen, rain on rain,
Rain on rain!
In the bleak midsommer
Hope no more again!

Annobel Fri 13-Jul-12 22:28:51

jeni grin

Sook Fri 13-Jul-12 22:37:46

Very witty jeni grin

Sook Fri 13-Jul-12 23:01:42

bikergran We nipped into our local Asda (I must admit we don't shop there very often) picked up a few groceries when DH decided he would like a hot pie. Couldn't find one for love nor money nor a member of staff to ask. Walked across to customer services to be told the obvious. Hot pies available from The Bakery section. Although we had tried there already we trailed back across the store and asked a member of the bakery staff where had he hidden the hot pies? "Don't do hot pies love" Back to Customer services who said "Oh yes we do". Enter another member of staff who interupted us in full flow for an elastic band and a casual chat to CS person. We walked away and although DH rang them later to complain three weeks he is still waiting for them to return his call and confirm whether or not they sell hot pies. angry

Bags Sat 14-Jul-12 06:49:42

I would have left the trolley and gone elsewhere, biker, probably uttering a loud humph as I did so wink. I did this from a greengrocer who wouldn't sell me half a cabbage – one of those huge ones that would feed an army. I'm sure he'd have had no difficulty selling the other half.

In defence of Asda, I shop from there online because that's all there is. No-one else will deliver to us and it's cheaper and easier and quicker to get stuff delivered than do a 42-mile round trip. Their delivery people are always scrupulously polite and, on the few occasions when I've had to ring and say that one tomato in the pack is squashed (for instance) they've refunded the price of all the tomatoes.

bikergran Sat 14-Jul-12 09:42:40

Also (whilst I still have my soapbox out) lol..maybe a challenge for mumsnet rather than gransnet.but.... when grandson was a baby I used to put his carrier (the ones that you use as babyseat in the car with carry handle)...when you places these carriers in the appropiate trolley, you could never see over the top! you had to constantly peer "round" the carrier to make sure you didnt bump into anything or anbody! I emailed Asda that maybe thy could possibly look at the design of these trolleys, (I realise they may have to be a certain height for safety etc) but as yet almost 5 and half years later !!!!! I am still awaiting a reply???? hmm yes I too like Asda and shop there regular but I do pop in others Aldi/Liddl/Tesco etc