Gransnet forums

AIBU

Men and cars

(57 Posts)
Nanban Wed 25-Jul-12 09:38:05

Mine own, when in the passenger seat never stops carping - it wouldn't matter if something was heading for me down the centre of the road - it would be my driving. If I had a penny for each quick intake of breath, I'd be a rich woman.

So, who was it then who whisked a bit off our gatepost thus denting and scratching our new car too - the gauntlet has been laid down - the first hint of heavy breathing, bracing, braking, grabbing of door handle from the passenger seat and there will be murder done.

Bags Fri 27-Jul-12 06:28:58

Maybe he just likes the scenery, glam? confused

Greatnan Fri 27-Jul-12 06:41:59

How about 'I have washed up for you' as one of the most annoying things they say? Don't they eat off the bloody plates?

whenim64 Fri 27-Jul-12 07:43:26

Can't believe they still come out with that one in this day and age. Last week, after 'words' between DD and SIL he announced 'i've washed the babies' bottles for you, as you reckon I never do anything' in my presence. I had to laugh. She had just taken his football team's kit out of the washer so she could wash the baby clothes. She didn't say the obvious........l! grin

Nanban Fri 27-Jul-12 07:45:16

Ah but when they say washed up, have you seen the stuff that is still stuck to the plates instead of being scraped off before hand - next thing - I've unblocked the drains for you. That's another thing men do so very differently.

If I cook, I clear as I go - if he cooks -spaggy only - dearmotherofgod you should see the state of the kitchen and only most of it gets cleared up. If I vacuum, I go under things. Being unable for a bit because of A Shoulder, we ended with beautifully vacuumed circles until the bits of accumulated fluff under things started making a bid for freedom.

No doubt about it, men see things completely differently and always less than we do.

whenim64 Fri 27-Jul-12 08:05:54

This is also the man who, thinking aloud after being asked to mow the lawn so the babies could play on a blanket in the sunshine, mused 'I wonder whether to take it up and put astro turf down?' The new lawn has been down for one year! I do love him. wink

Greatnan Fri 27-Jul-12 08:30:52

My ex would throw his badminton whites on the floor in the bedroom and expect them to magically find their way, washed and ironed, into his drawer. One reason why he is an ex. I think his second wife was not as much of a pushover so perhaps he learnt how to use the washing machine.