Gransnet forums

AIBU

It's Friday night, time to chill with glass of vino.. the front doors open, please help yourselves...:)

(87 Posts)
bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 20:25:44

I have popped in and out this week, posted a few little msgs,and have lurked and read quite a few posts, and have noticed things seem to have got a little fraught this week....

DH in bed, cats asleep, tv off!

soooo I thought a few glasses of wine brew and cupcake for anyone driving/tea total smile

The wine is on the left as you walk in, brew and [cupcakes] on the right, coffee is in the perculator next to the microwave, just help yourselves, plenty of soft seating and cushions scattered around, some nibbles on the table.....

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

brewbrewbrewbrewbrewbrewbrew

cupcakecupcakecupcakecupcakecupcakecupcake
should be enough to go round smile

enjoy your evening, tomorrow is a new day gringrin

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:28:08

baublesbanglesandb that big soft chair over in the corner near the big plant is soooooo comfy.you feel like your sat on a marshmallow smile.theres a chenille throw on the back if you need it..

merlotgran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:30:32

Are you sure that's a chenille throw, biker? They still haven't caught that lion strange moggy in Essex.

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:31:18

Marelli hmm let me see who it is ! ..................walks over to garden fence and peers over! nope..think we will take a rain check on him, I shall tell you about Mr Tom ! another time..grin

whenim64 Fri 31-Aug-12 21:31:19

Marelli smile. biker what's in these chocolates? Very more-ish! glad glass is on her hols grin

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:33:01

merlotgran well after a few glasses of winewinewine it could be "anything" lol,,,(go and stroke it and see) !

baublesbanglesandb Fri 31-Aug-12 21:34:31

bikergran I have a burgundy coloured chenille throw which I'm very attached to so I'll feel completely at home smile

merlotgran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:35:54

I would, biker but b,b,and b has it draped across her lap. She might think I'm a bit odd shock

Greatnan Fri 31-Aug-12 21:39:35

Good job it is a big garden or the neighbours would be coming round to complain about the singing.

Butternut Fri 31-Aug-12 21:41:50

biker Just popped in to say thanks for this post and cheers to you all! I feel it's been a difficult few days for many, for lots of reasons, and this is a perfect post on such a Blue moon evening. smile

Anagram Fri 31-Aug-12 21:44:36

smile Butter

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:51:56

merlotgran LOL lol I'm sure she won't mind wink and we are all "good friends" wink
yes Butternut smile
baublesbanglesandb

whenime64 I'm afraid I cannot say what is in the chocolates!! I would be arrested grin wink
Greatnan ohh the neighbours wouldn't dare complain..I have seen what they get up to in their summer house!! wink one word from them! and I shall jujst shout the word "moonshine" shock

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:53:53

baublesandbanglesandb you wouldn't mind if merlotgran came over and stroked the Chenille. would you? smile

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 21:59:38

Lets all come outside and toast the Blue Moon ....... raise our glasses to a new fresh day tomorrow..smile
Ille just pop some more glasses out, make sure theres enough to go round.

winewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewinewine

are you all ready.?.those who havn't got wine raise your tea cups grin

cheers everyone keep smiling wine ok after 3

jeni Fri 31-Aug-12 22:00:15

Hello biker lovely idea. Had my dd and dgd all afternoon and staying at least one night to escape the fumes of gloss painting!
Both in bed now so peace!
wine

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 22:02:49

Hi jeni think theres some wine left..help yourself smile

Anagram Fri 31-Aug-12 22:10:22

Thank you so much biker - a perfect end to a Blue Moon evening...! smile

Anagram Fri 31-Aug-12 22:11:01

(and a slightly fraught week!)

whenim64 Fri 31-Aug-12 22:12:07

Butty smile

jeni isn't it lovely to have them under your roof every now and again?

I'm entertaining my two little grandsons for a few hours tomorrow. They are now 4 and have suddenly become polite and civilised I think they might be humouring me grin

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 22:12:15

Well thats me all done in now, so I am off to bed.

thankyou all for a lovely end to the day smile hope you have enjoyed the peace and tranquility smile

last one up can they lock the doors! there are 2 taxi numbers next to the telephone if anyone needs one, the glasses will go in the dishwasher in the morning so don't be bothering about them. anyone who is still here in the morning , help yourself to breakfast,,theres fresh fruit/yougurt etc cereals or full monty if you feeling brave grin plenty of soft towels in on the towel rial..

goodnight all pleasant dreams

Sue x (alias bikergran) smile

Ella46 Fri 31-Aug-12 22:12:16

Think I'll have some wine now please biker and raise a glass to when and her sister. Cheers all! wine

Shame soop can't be here, she would have enjoyed it, and where's Nellie when you need a giggle?

Grannylin Fri 31-Aug-12 22:14:28

Hi biker and the gang.Just what I need after a week of damn hoovering!Here's to September wine peace and love sunshine

whenim64 Fri 31-Aug-12 22:14:36

Thanks for your hospitality biker. Your timing is perfect. flowers

merlotgran Fri 31-Aug-12 22:16:31

I'm going to hit the hay as well so will bid you all goodnight. Many thanks for your hospitality biker. Would you like me to put the chenille cat out on my way?

bikergran Fri 31-Aug-12 22:17:43

lol @ Grannlin yes maybe we will think twice next time lol!

whenim64 your very welcome and glad you have had a pleasant relaxing end to your day, sleep well and take care smile night all

baublesbanglesandb Fri 31-Aug-12 22:19:52

Sorry, I was so cosy under the chenille that I dropped off. Goodnight all [yawn].