Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be cross about neighbours cat in my HOUSE

(111 Posts)
Nanadogsbody Fri 21-Sep-12 16:39:33

whitewave grin

petallus Fri 21-Sep-12 15:41:28

I like cats and have one at present but we have problems with a large black Tom coming through our cat flap and eating my little white cat's food.

I don't like putting a collar on my cat so can't use a magnetic catflap.

However, I like all animals, including cats, so tolerate Blackie with good humour.

Some people feel pleased if a cat starts to visit but I suppose for that you would have to like the little scamps.

whitewave Fri 21-Sep-12 14:57:41

Yes but think of the indignity it suffered - quite ruffled him I bet! Almost as bad as my terrier chasing them out of the garden when they come in after the birds.

Nanadogsbody Fri 21-Sep-12 14:50:22

It's only water whitewave grin

whitewave Fri 21-Sep-12 14:33:21

Poor little thing! Don't be such gits.

Nanadogsbody Fri 21-Sep-12 14:26:23

Water pistol it!

Nelliemoser Fri 21-Sep-12 14:14:31

Cats are unbiddable! Really the only way is to not leave the door open. I don't know if movement sensor alarms would work. A good water pistol might help. Water can't really hurt a cat (as long as you keep hold of the bucket.)

NfkDumpling Fri 21-Sep-12 14:05:49

You can buy cat scarers which apparently work.

JessM Fri 21-Sep-12 13:50:11

Not sure that I know any. Now my son's mastiff would be perfect but he is in the wrong country.

NfkDumpling Fri 21-Sep-12 13:35:04

Can you borrow a dog?

JessM Fri 21-Sep-12 13:31:40

Next door's cat has started wandering into the back door and making itself at home. Just chased it round the house and threw water over it (YES!) but it is bad enough when other people's pets invade the garden.
The other day it narrowly missed being locked into my house for a week - i would have not been pleased to return from holidays and find a dead cat ... but on the other hand...