Gransnet forums

AIBU

Prince Charles

(96 Posts)
Oldgreymare Tue 09-Oct-12 22:32:15

Am I the only person to wonder what has become of him, he seems to have disappeared confused

merlotgran Sat 20-Oct-12 22:11:15

I wonder what they call him, Grannylin?

Grannylin Sat 20-Oct-12 22:25:31

Grumps

annodomini Sat 20-Oct-12 22:38:16

Merlot - Genius! grin flowers

jeni Sat 20-Oct-12 22:38:48

Love it! flowerswine sparkling!

nanaej Sat 20-Oct-12 23:06:59

Sir or Grandpapa I should think. merlot I enjoyed that! Thanks wine

Oldgreymare Sat 20-Oct-12 23:47:04

Merlot super! smile

Gally Sun 21-Oct-12 07:24:47

Brilliant Merlot grin

Bags Sun 21-Oct-12 07:46:34

merlot grin, like it lots!

janeainsworth Sun 21-Oct-12 08:24:10

Very droll merlot grin

merlotgran Sun 21-Oct-12 16:13:46

Cheers, everyone. grin wine

AlieOxon Sun 21-Oct-12 16:45:23

I like it too merlot

The first time he was really brought to my notice was at school whne someone in my class had his picture inside their desk on the lid. She thought he was goodlooking...........

helshea Sun 21-Oct-12 17:40:15

I love the guy.. you get what it says on the tin!

absentgrana Sun 21-Oct-12 17:52:37

helshea …but it's a very small tin. smile

helshea Sun 21-Oct-12 17:55:48

Yes I know.. but just think how many sardines you can fit in a "small tin"

JessM Sun 21-Oct-12 18:12:42

I don't know the american Guggenheim, but the Bilbao one, by Gehry, is the most amazing single man made thing I have ever seen. PC probably thinks it is a whitlow on the finger of a not very much loved Basque city.
What does it say on the tin, I ask myself, "upper class twit" maybe?
I have a lot more time for his sister who does seem capable of talking to other people - well sportspeople anyway - like a normal human being. She would make a far better fist of being the monarch. ANd would have the sense to know that no, it is not appropriate for him to try to influence ministers. Which is presumably what he was up to. He is not an ordinary voter. (And the protocol is that you write to your MP and they take things up with ministers, rather than contact them directly.)
I think in this case the att. general probably means that he hopes PC has copped on that this kind of behaviour unbecoming and inappropriate in the heir to the throne.

POGS Sun 21-Oct-12 19:27:42

I quite liked the words Jonathon Dimbleby wrote in the DM today.

He said the Prince has more experience of public life at the top than virtually anyone else except his parents, and his views are not only well known but widely respected.

He said he had read hundreds of his letters spanning 20 years varying to whom and on various subjects. Some 'were' drafted and typed up for his signature. Others were written in florid (not spidery) long hand. All were thoughtful, if contentious.

Dimbleby states that in the dying days of the last Labour government the Justice Secretary Jack Straw, sought to provide an exemption from the Freedom of Information Act by amending the Act to give the Sovereign and the first two in line of succession exemption. The amendment passed onto the statute book without vote and became law in January 2011.

He finishes by saying he is thoughtful,compassionate, and dedicated to the good of the nation.

JessM Sun 21-Oct-12 22:04:55

Oh well, that must be right then, if a Dimbleby thinks it and the DM printed it. hmm
Did he explain why he PC has had exactly the same hairstyle since he was 3?

specki4eyes Sun 21-Oct-12 22:07:26

JessM do we really want someone on the throne who cuts up her curtains to make her clothes AND backcombs her hair?!! I mean we DO have standards, don't you know. [little devil emoticon]
Merlot that was a wonderful pome - I read it in Pam Ayres mode, but it would also scan beautifully if read in Cyril Fletcher tones.
PC is a thinker and he says what he thinks, rightly or wrongly. Unlike his wonderful Pa who engages mouth before brain. But both are infinitely preferable to purveyors of creepy soundbites.

Ana Sun 21-Oct-12 22:09:48

My DH has the same hairstyle now that he had when he was born!

JessM Mon 22-Oct-12 07:03:03

But ana didn't he try out any others at any stage?