AIBU

Scratchy labels Part 2

(17 Posts)
Lilygran Mon 15-Oct-12 21:16:16

And harrigran! Thank you too.

Lilygran Mon 15-Oct-12 21:14:42

Thanks, mrsmopp.

eGJ Mon 15-Oct-12 21:14:38

Well remember the time in Germany when gin was in the cleaning cupboard for just this eventuality; it does the job of removing sticky labels perfectly ..................and also used to stop your windscreen wiper fluid freezing. That's OK until you drive back for hours to the Channel, go on the ferrry, are waiting hours the other side to disembark and idly wash your windscreen....................AAHHH Customs men come down heavy with their "anything to declare?" smell the gin and take your vehicle apart. We were usually moving from Germany to England with overfull car..................as I said "AAAHHHHH!" grin

mrsmopp Mon 15-Oct-12 20:46:25

WD40 gets rid of sticky label residue, no need for a separate product.

Hunt Sat 13-Oct-12 23:05:25

Harrigran , that's a GD after my own heart. Can't remember the last time i used one!

harrigran Sat 13-Oct-12 22:39:29

Sticky stuff remover from lakeland, removes label gum from any fabric or surface.
When my GD was at nursery they told her mother that she had failed to recognise an everyday object in a test, turned out she didn't know what an iron was grin

numberplease Sat 13-Oct-12 22:34:40

I`ve just bought 4 new mugs, 1red, 1blue, 1 purple, and 1 pink. On the bottom rim of each mug, it says, red, blue, purple and pink. Maybe they think I`m colour blind?

Mishap Sat 13-Oct-12 17:52:16

Sticky labels - grrrr! They ruin things - why do they put them on?

whenim64 Sat 13-Oct-12 16:54:19

jeni grin

jeni Sat 13-Oct-12 16:47:18

Oh! I remember. They're a long stick with a lump of metal on the end you use to try and hit a ball into a hole in a lawn with! Why would that improve a garment?confused

jeni Sat 13-Oct-12 16:45:31

I think I've an iron somewhere! Can anybody remind me what they look like?

Grannybags Sat 13-Oct-12 16:35:21

Looking at a bag of mixed nuts I was alarmed to see written on the side of the bag: WARNING-MAY CONTAIN NUTS. Just as well I checked, that was the last thing I expected in a bag of nuts!!

Lilygran Sat 13-Oct-12 16:33:57

I wish they would tell you how you can remove the sticky label. That would be useful.

Elegran Sat 13-Oct-12 16:29:34

Next thing you know they'll be telling us that the dust on the new china we have bought can be removed by washing it before use.

jeni Sat 13-Oct-12 16:24:28

I'd NEVER have thought of ironing something?

gracesmum Sat 13-Oct-12 16:13:51

Wow, I bet none of us would have thought of that - fancy pressing it if it was creased [ironic] emoticon. Who do they think we are???
PS the thread was called "The princess and the pea"!

Lilygran Sat 13-Oct-12 13:43:49

I looked for the discussion on scratchy labels but couldn't find it. I had two things delivered today, one had 4 things attached to the label, the other had 5. As well as a label, a washing advice label and a long ribbon or tape which was serving no useful purpose at all, there was a cardboard tag which advised me that if the garment was creased, pressing it would improve the appearance. At least it's not as bad as shirts with pins everywhere.