Gransnet forums

AIBU

woke up this morning feeling fine

(44 Posts)
frida Thu 25-Oct-12 20:13:52

felt great, kind of wore off a bit by lunchtime, now completly worn off. I feel like having a fight ( will take on all comers !) What's going on?

Grannylin Fri 14-Dec-12 15:20:16

Well the chickens liked it - they've started laying again.Glad I didn't eat itgrin

jeni Fri 14-Dec-12 15:12:21

Could be quite interesting?

janey Fri 14-Dec-12 14:39:23

Chris1603 You have hit my nail on the head. HORMONES, or the diminishing state of them more to the point. Mind you this time of year doesnt help. I realise this thread was started in october but these days christmas seems to start as the last one finishes(an exaggeration I suppose)! There are lot of people out there with the festive spirit, I wish beyond words that I could join them.. Chilli flavoured porridge ooh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ariadne Wed 12-Dec-12 19:51:28

I was SO cross and crabby yesterday; if it had been possible to have PMT at my age that's what it would have been. No reason, just being not a very nice person. Why? Really had to take a grip. Then came the guilt....oh dear, dear. Am fine today. sunshine

Chris1603 Wed 12-Dec-12 19:39:35

It's porridge weather. It's nearly Christmas. It's cold and foggy. And then there is hormones! x

annodomini Fri 07-Dec-12 10:21:58

Will you get chilli-flavoured eggs, Grannylin? grin

Marelli Fri 07-Dec-12 10:06:07

Oh dear, Grannylin grin! I was just spooning my own porridge into my mouth when I read your post - but mine has honey and chopped dates in it! The fowls (as my old mum used to call ours) will get a bit of a surprise! smile

Grannylin Fri 07-Dec-12 09:34:31

Just smothered my porridge in sweet chilli dipping sauce instead of squirty golden syrup- that's what comes of making an extra large, greedy bowl.Hopefully it'll give the chickens a hot start to the day grin

SJP Sun 04-Nov-12 18:44:42

Know the feeling, yesterday morning I discovered that the freezer hadn't been shut properly and had iced up - the one job guaranteed to put me in ill temper is to have to defrost the freezer. Did not set the mood well for the week-end - trying to galvanise DH into thinking for himself and taking the intiative is wearing my patience.

crimson Tue 30-Oct-12 22:16:31

No; I've got to get up early tomorrow. It's my annual trip to Ilkeston with the car, and I really look forward to going [I don't get out much and I'm probably the only person on the planet who gets excited at the thought of visiting Ilkeston Co op [and Wilco's]]. I'm also quite a nervous driver but I can do this particular drive, so I feel quite chuffed with myself. Just a bit annoyed that I chose a time quite early in the morning, cause I'd love a lie in for once.

Grannylin Tue 30-Oct-12 21:28:17

crimson you always make me laugh, thanks flowersDon't stay up so late tonight playing with you tube!!

crimson Tue 30-Oct-12 21:21:29

nanaej; I'm going to take my own advice tonight and put Vicks Vapor rub on the soles of my feet under some socks when I go to bed. My Doctor was laughing at me this morning about it, but it worked last time I had a bad cough. So tonight I'm going to see if it works again. He did concede that it could possibly warm up pressure points on the feet, and any sort of foot massage is relaxing. Trouble is I'm taking the car for it's MOT tomorrow and I'll smell of Vicks but I don't care.

Marelli Tue 30-Oct-12 20:26:23

Grannylin - nevermind. You know that tomorrow, things will look so much better, eh? flowers xx

Grannylin Tue 30-Oct-12 20:00:47

Get better soon nanaej.One for you too wine

Grannylin Tue 30-Oct-12 19:58:18

Finally got the car back thanks to lovely DD.I ended up having a big cry as suddenly all the other problems seemed overwhelming too- poor girl.She's a GP and had only told me at the weekend that she'd had a long week when every other patient seemed to be a crying middle -aged woman!!Hope you feel a bit better mishap.I will when I finally have that wine

Mishap Tue 30-Oct-12 19:05:15

Oh heavens - £210! That is a lot of money. Ridiculous for a key reallly.

It's the same with lightbulbs for cars - they want you to replace the whole unit at vast cost. Luckily we have a car mechanic SIL who breaks in to the unit and does the business for very little dosh.

nanaej Tue 30-Oct-12 18:36:36

Am still struggling with chesty cough and intermittent fever(bronchitis maybe?) going on since last 2 days of my holiday in Turkey 3 weeks ago so am fairly pixxed off too! I wake up each morning hoping it will be better with plans for all the things I want to do but so wiped out from disturbed sleep and coughing/spluttering I am doing the bare minimum..then feel worse as I have a back log of jobs and so snap at DH..and it is not his fault!

Hope it gets better frida

harrigran Tue 30-Oct-12 18:13:05

Grannylin I think you will need a stiff wine after that. It is a horrible feeling when you lose keys. DH lost the car keys in France last year, we did eventually find them, they had fallen out of his pocket in long grass.

crimson Tue 30-Oct-12 17:32:19

It's rotten when you're having one of those 'isn't life wonderful days' and then you hit the ground with a bump. I was once having a lovely walk along the coast in Cornwall with the dog, when I suddenly realised I'd left the car window open, and had to run all the way back. Thankfully everything was still there as I'd left it.

Grannylin Tue 30-Oct-12 16:19:11

Thanks soop and crimson. Will have a look, doubt it somehow as I tend to believe in luck and go for the cheapest policies!

crimson Tue 30-Oct-12 16:14:42

Grannylin; you haven't got any sort of insurance policy that covers the keys, have you; cardguard or anything. I'm only asking because I sometimes read the small print on insurance policies and find I'm covered for all sorts of things that I didn't know about [albeit never for anything that I need to claim for sad].

soop Tue 30-Oct-12 16:01:08

Grannylin Dear me...what a catastrophe...you must be feeling awful. £210 is an awful lot to pay for what should have been a perfectly pleasant stroll along the beach. Thank goodness for the kind lady's assistance. I hope that things get sorted before too long. Keep us informed. flowers

Grannylin Tue 30-Oct-12 15:52:46

Such a beautiful day here today.Took the dog down to the beach and had my camera and car keys in a Tesco bag.Got a bit carried away chasing the dog, paddling and looking for treasures in the sand.Suddenly noticed there was a hole in the bag and the camera was hanging out...and the keys had disappeared...and the tide was coming in.Yep lost the keys forever sad Kind lady dropped me off at home, broke into the house( too easy) and searched for spare plastic key.Now waiting for DD to leave work and give me a lift to the beach to get the car( just hoping no one found the key and has stolen the car with purse,phone etc)Phoned about replacement key...takes 5 days and costs £210.angryblush need a wine

bikergran Sat 27-Oct-12 18:34:26

Nelliemoser thought you were going to break into song!!
was it Hermans Hermits?? no doubt someone will know...grin I have just started taking VIT B complex and Vit C . some says waste of time..but others the opposiet so I shall wait and see smile

Nelliemoser Sat 27-Oct-12 18:12:43

As ! if I didn't feel fed up enough with world already, I now feel guilty for not being superactive and giving the kitchen the deep clean it needs. Not to mention the repainting it needs!

I was naughty enough to smile at the idea of poor Grannylin slipping in the mud, whilst going to feed the chickens in a white fluffy dressing gown.

Nothing personal there Grannylin. its just a reminder to myself things could be worse. forced grin