Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU ABOUT PEOPLE WHO TELL LIES

(18 Posts)
Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 22:39:08

glass grin

Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 22:37:54

anno grin they are probably cloned.

Nanban It's just polite isn't it to let your mother know that plans have changed instead of having a madwoman turn up unannounced.

vpq I am sure this person believes every word she says.I have never met anybody who has so many degrees and qualifications or has lived next door to so many famous people. That is harmless enough but to lie and say that DS and DiL had been trying to contact me just made me angry

glassortwo Sun 28-Oct-12 22:03:39

I also know someone who cant lie straight in bed and wont change!!!

vampirequeen Sun 28-Oct-12 21:38:40

My ex MIL lied all the time but convinced herself that she was telling the truth so that she would argue you down. In the end it was just easier to agree with her.

annodomini Sun 28-Oct-12 20:35:43

There could be a tribe of them, sook - the one I know isn't anyone's MiL yet. hmm

Nanban Sun 28-Oct-12 20:31:29

Just maybe when she told your DS and Dil her plans they should either have rung you, or said not to collect your grandson because you were looking after him. Quite right to be cross and maybe next time figure out a way of getting around the fantasy.

Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 20:13:38

anno we could be talking about the same person grin

Marelli Sun 28-Oct-12 19:45:38

That made me grin, anno!

annodomini Sun 28-Oct-12 19:22:49

Sook, some people are such compulsive liars that they come to believe their own lies. I know someone like that and the only time you know she isn't lying is when her mouth is shut.

Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 19:22:42

Greatnan It would take a miracle to change her grin

absentgrana Sun 28-Oct-12 19:22:40

flowers

Greatnan Sun 28-Oct-12 18:54:42

Sounds as if she forgot to ring you and then was not big enough to admit it.
You won't change her, so for the sake of your DS and DIL try to just grit your teeth - again!

Ana Sun 28-Oct-12 18:54:30

I would have phoned DS while she was there as well! angry

Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 18:35:44

I really have no idea Bez her life is a complete fabrication at times. I think she was very surprised (but not embarassed) that I checked the landline and mobile in front of her. She even suggested that I may have had a miss call from DS or DiL but my son confirmed that they hadn't rung meconfused

Bez Sun 28-Oct-12 18:27:58

What was the need for telling the lie other than the fact she had not done as asked. I absolutely detest lying and most times the truth eventually comes out.

Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 18:26:17

Thank you wisewoman This sort of thing has happened before and I've let it go rather than make waves. I just saw red earlier as I don't like being taken for a fool.

wisewoman Sun 28-Oct-12 18:17:47

You are certainly not being unreasonable. How rude! Sending you flowers Apart from anything else you would have prepared your grandson that his other gran was coming. Little ones like to know the plan (as do big ones!)

Sook Sun 28-Oct-12 18:06:35

I have been looking after my youngest grandson today, his parents dropped him off this morning at 6:45am. At 5pm his other grandmother arrived unannounced to collect him. I was suprised and said that I wasn't expecting her as I hadn't been told (otherwise it wasn't a problem). She told me that my DS and DiL had been ringing me but had got no reply???? I checked my landline for messages.....NONE my mobile NONE. I just feel really insulted that she thinks I am fool enough to believe her. Why lie? After she had gone I rang DS who told me that his MIL was supposed to have rung me??? This woman does have a problem with fact and fantasy and I suppose I am making a mountain out of a molehill BUT it just made me CROSS.