Gransnet forums

AIBU

Benedict Cumberbatch...

(192 Posts)
Anne58 Tue 30-Oct-12 20:05:20

Is it only me that really cannot see anything physically attractive about this man?

I believe that he has an "army" of fans who refer to themselves as "Cumberbitches"

Sorry, just don't get it.

benedictalina Wed 07-Nov-12 20:25:17

Yes petallus I know you aren't really inerested in BC's career but it was another opportunity for me to point out his great beauty and talent wink. I don't see anything strange about my knowing things about him. It's all common knowledge to his fans.
J05, are you following the Cumberbitches on Twitter? Yes, @CumberbatchB is definitely a fake. As I said, he isn't on Twitter. I feel sorry for those poor girls who think they are getting tweets from him.

benedictalina Wed 07-Nov-12 20:28:11

Rumour has it that Benedict is also going to have a role in a Monty Python film.

absentgrana Thu 08-Nov-12 10:10:53

benedictalina If it make them happy, does it matter that the "poor girls" aren't really getting tweets from him?

jO5 Thu 08-Nov-12 14:31:25

I think those "poor girls" would have seen through that twitter page even quicker than I did. They are just having fun.

Though it has gone dead. Not like the multi Merlin sites. smile

petallus Thu 08-Nov-12 17:04:16

We usually know when we are being duped wink

Nonu Thu 08-Nov-12 17:44:23

hello -hello- hello hello

Take no notice , I am having a practice to see if I can master these , as the rest you do . x

Elegran Thu 08-Nov-12 17:49:48

Looks like you can nonu Can we look forward to some fancy fingerwork on your posts?

Nonu Thu 08-Nov-12 17:53:51

Eleg. They were only two of 4 I tried .

Must be this laptop , mind you , bad , blames and tools comes to mind . wink

benedictalina Thu 08-Nov-12 19:27:36

I disagree about the fake twitter account business. For some people of course it is just a bit of fun and they don't care but some people do like to have the real facts about the celeb they are following and tend to get upset when they find they've been duped. Some people take fandom very seriously. Not everyone can tell when they are being duped either. The Nigerian scam for example. Not all are as wise as you lot wink.

Of course I could be completely wrong and you could all be right. I'm sure you are all much wiser than I am.

jO5 Thu 08-Nov-12 20:32:15

I don't know what to make of that twitter page! Thge girls do seem to think they are getting tweets from him and the "tweeter" seems to go along with it. But when you click through to the fan site she/he is quite up-front about the fact that it is unofficial. In the Q and A's it says it is put up by a fan for a fan. confused grin

jO5 Thu 08-Nov-12 20:32:52

should have said "for the fans". sorry.

Ana Thu 08-Nov-12 20:40:24

I think benadictalina is right - not everyone can tell when they're being duped. Sad really, there are some gullible girls out there.

benedictalina Thu 08-Nov-12 22:21:01

@CumberbatchB which is the one that has been mentioned on here before does not admit to being a fake. I don't follow it but I just had a look and one tweet says "Thankyou. I'm proud I have such wonderful fans". Obviously pretending to be Ben. Others pop up now and then but don't last very long when people find out they are fake.
Tweet this morning from a fan to a genuine fan page said "HEY! Help me. Tell everyone @CumberbatchB isn't real, right?" Obviously doesn't think it's fun to be duped.
Benedict is definitely not on twitter but a good one to follow who doesn't pretend to be him is @Cumberbatchweb. I think in fact that she is the only one.

benedictalina Thu 08-Nov-12 22:23:14

Just had another look at @CumberbatchB and it does actually claim to be the Official Benedict Cumberbatch Twitter Page.

Anne58 Thu 08-Nov-12 22:28:12

I could claim to be the high priestess of vole stranglers anonymous, but it aint necessarily so.................. (wanders off singing)

benedictalina Thu 08-Nov-12 23:07:40

Glad I'm not a vole.