Gransnet forums

AIBU

To find Claudia Winkelman the most irritating woman on TV?

(105 Posts)
Deedaa Mon 12-Nov-12 21:29:51

In 1963 I looked just like Claudia Winkelman - of course I was only 17 at the time! Why does a grown woman with children want to go round looking like an overgrown schoolgirl in a little Dollyrocker dress? Why has no one taken a pair of scissors to that dreadful fringe that she peers through. Why has no one told her that black eyes and white lips hasn't been a good look for 45 years? And WHY does she have to ruin perfectly good programmes with her inane remarks and giggles. I used to love the BBC's film programme - I even managed to put up with Jonathan Ross presenting it- but I only managed half an hour when she took over and I had to switch off before I threw something through the screen. I record the Strictly results show so I can fast forward through her bits and the Strictly- it takes two show is an obvious non starter. angry

Ana Mon 12-Nov-12 21:33:43

Absolutely agree, Deeda! I saw her interviewed once and she said she just couldn't give that pale lipstick up. I wouldn't mind if she'd been around in the 60s and was stuck - but she just comes over as a pretentious, self-centred prat! Why they gave her the Film review job over Mark Kermode will always be a mystery to me....

merlotgran Mon 12-Nov-12 21:34:17

I can't stand her either, Deedaa angry

petra Mon 12-Nov-12 21:56:41

At last! I'm not alone. How on earth did this child like / woman person get on tv. Was it because of her Mother.

Lilygran Mon 12-Nov-12 22:23:13

Surely not the most irritating? The competition is quite fierce, I'd have thought. I offer Lowri Turner and Mariella Frostrup.

Ana Mon 12-Nov-12 22:33:11

Kirsty Wark's another one...

johanna Mon 12-Nov-12 22:34:36

Who prefers Tess Daly then?
Oh boy...

Ana Mon 12-Nov-12 22:36:54

It's a close-run thing, johanna, but my vote for the more irritating of the two goes to the Winkelperson.

absentgrana Tue 13-Nov-12 08:49:23

I don't know Claudia Winkelman but I feel like strangling the grimacing, gurning, giggling Louise Minchin.

feetlebaum Tue 13-Nov-12 09:01:23

Of the names I recognise I would pick Mariella Frostrup and Kirsty Wark as being fine by me... come to think of it, they are the only two names I do recognise!

Learnergran Tue 13-Nov-12 10:39:29

What about the woman who does The One Show? And she is on every single night just as you sit down with a sign of relief and...um cup of tea....wine

annodomini Tue 13-Nov-12 11:34:29

Alex Jones is nothing like as annoying as her predecessor, Christine Bleakley, now Frank Lampard's wag fiancée.

moomin Tue 13-Nov-12 12:02:01

Ooh absent, I'm agreeing with you again! Louise Minchin is nauseating! Haven't watched the BBC film prog for years, but I actually don't mind Claudia W in small doses, but Tess Daly gets on my wick a little. Oh, and yes Alex Jones is a little annoying, but have to agree she's an improvement on Christine Bleakley and thank goodness Adrian Chiles left the show, he drives me bonkers!

Mishap Tue 13-Nov-12 12:17:17

Who is this Claudia woman? - never heard of her, never seen her! Can anyone enlighten me?

kittylester Tue 13-Nov-12 12:47:13

She did 'Strictly' with Tess while Bruce was off Mishap She also presents (or did) the film review programme which is on too late for me to watch. Her mother is that really annoying Eve Pollard and her half-sister married somebody sort of royal (can't remember who - help!!)

I quite like her sense of humour!

Jodi Tue 13-Nov-12 12:52:27

Sorry kitty there are far worse.

annodomini Tue 13-Nov-12 13:47:46

Claudia's affectations are nauseating. Surely she can't be like that in real life? I am sorry that Zoe Ball, who took over It Takes Two last year from Claudia, has also adopted some of her mannerisms. I liked her when she was a contestant but she is now getting on my nerves. And what about those heels! hmm

Ceesnan Tue 13-Nov-12 13:57:01

Carol Vordeman (sp?) is far far worse with her one size too small dresses, fake tan and spider legs mascara.

nannazoo Tue 13-Nov-12 14:28:40

Here here,i agree completely :-)

Sook Tue 13-Nov-12 15:01:52

For me it is Fiona Bruce she really is nauseating!

merlotgran Tue 13-Nov-12 20:10:07

While we're having a good old bitch, I can't stand Carol Vorderman's laugh. Twiggy and Alesha Dixon have irritating laughs as well.

Nanban Tue 13-Nov-12 20:15:13

Oh dear, I like her and think she's an absolute hoot - and of course it looks like she'll be taking over the prime spot on SCD!

numberplease Tue 13-Nov-12 20:35:27

OMG, I hope not!!

Deedaa Tue 13-Nov-12 20:52:51

I must put in a good word for Mariella Frostrup who always seems very well informed - and any friend of George Clooney can't be all bad! I met Twiggy once and she was lovely, like meeting an old friend, but I have to agree about all the other ladies who have been mentioned. Perhaps I could throw Alexa Chung into the mix? She is always held up as such a style icon, but whatever sort of style??? Shorts or mini skirt with those scarecrow legs and nobbly knees emphasised by clumpy shoes. Again the twelve year old's peter pan collar and the pemanently hunched shoulders underline the whole air of having been sent to stand outside the Headmistress's office. Don't any of these girls ever want to look like women? Remember the line in Rebecca when she wanted to be a woman of 35 in black satin & pearls?

nannazoo Wed 14-Nov-12 13:46:20

I cant stand Holly Willoughby. She seems to be on tv every time I switch it on.i remember when she was first in Good morning and was nervous,and quite likeable then.sadly now her popularity has grown so has her ego.