Gransnet forums

AIBU

To find Claudia Winkelman the most irritating woman on TV?

(105 Posts)
Lilygran Mon 12-Nov-12 22:23:13

Surely not the most irritating? The competition is quite fierce, I'd have thought. I offer Lowri Turner and Mariella Frostrup.

petra Mon 12-Nov-12 21:56:41

At last! I'm not alone. How on earth did this child like / woman person get on tv. Was it because of her Mother.

merlotgran Mon 12-Nov-12 21:34:17

I can't stand her either, Deedaa angry

Ana Mon 12-Nov-12 21:33:43

Absolutely agree, Deeda! I saw her interviewed once and she said she just couldn't give that pale lipstick up. I wouldn't mind if she'd been around in the 60s and was stuck - but she just comes over as a pretentious, self-centred prat! Why they gave her the Film review job over Mark Kermode will always be a mystery to me....

Deedaa Mon 12-Nov-12 21:29:51

In 1963 I looked just like Claudia Winkelman - of course I was only 17 at the time! Why does a grown woman with children want to go round looking like an overgrown schoolgirl in a little Dollyrocker dress? Why has no one taken a pair of scissors to that dreadful fringe that she peers through. Why has no one told her that black eyes and white lips hasn't been a good look for 45 years? And WHY does she have to ruin perfectly good programmes with her inane remarks and giggles. I used to love the BBC's film programme - I even managed to put up with Jonathan Ross presenting it- but I only managed half an hour when she took over and I had to switch off before I threw something through the screen. I record the Strictly results show so I can fast forward through her bits and the Strictly- it takes two show is an obvious non starter. angry