Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect couriers to show a bit of sense?

(28 Posts)
jeni Thu 22-Nov-12 17:59:43

I've just come home, with a gale going on and torrential rain, to find a dissolved cardboard box on my doorstep that had originally contained a jacket ordered from M&S.
the rest of the items were nowhere to be seen. I then had to phone M&S who told me that the rest had been dispatched by a different courier!confused
Why on earth couldn't the courier have put it in a plastic bag or redilivered when I was home.
Fortunately the jacket was in a plastic bag.

trendygran Fri 23-Nov-12 23:01:44

At least most couriers mentioned did manage to deliver,even if not very cleverly. I have ordered from a certain catalogue. (clue -Linda Bellingham) and they just cannot seem to find where I live. If my home was in the sticks I could understand it, but it is just off a very busy main road and well signed. Twice the items have been returned,by them, because ,quote, they
are "UNABLE TO DELIVER" .The tracking record also contradicted itself----admitted by the firm during one of several phone calls.
Needless to say I
shall not be ordering from them again. All other online purchases have been delivered promptly with no problem.
Maybe Santa should leave the useless courier a Satnav!

merlotgran Fri 23-Nov-12 23:07:11

Another thing that p***es me off makes me angry is when a firm asks you to allow up to 21 days for delivery so you think it's safe to go shopping the next day. You come home to find a card shoved through the letter box saying they were unable to deliver.