Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be angry that a 12A certificate film is shown to primary children in school

(102 Posts)
Mishap Sat 24-Nov-12 12:48:51

My GS has been having nightmares and is dreadfully distressed by having been shown the film Warhorse at school. He is 9 years old and the film is a cert 12A.

My DD has been dealing with his distress and with a raft of questions about war and why it happens - his faith in adults has been shattered and he is very insecure after this.

My view is that this sort of material about man's inhumanity to man is a relevant subject in secondary school (maybe aged 13 to 14) and that foisting these horrors on such young children is unacceptable. Am I being over-protective?

The irony is that my DD does allow her children to watch things that I do not think are suitable, but she is incensed about this - they had no opportunity to veto their child seeing this in school.

I would have been furious if it had been my child and the school would have received a visit from me.

Deedaa Fri 30-Nov-12 21:51:41

When the film came out there was an item on TV about Warrior. What a wonderful partnership, and what a change to have a truly inspiring story with a happy ending!