Gransnet forums


Very Noisy lad in top flat

(11 Posts)
john1234 Tue 27-Nov-12 13:54:55

What can I do I told the people who own the flat they do nothing, I am at the end of my tenth can anyone help please

Barrow Tue 27-Nov-12 14:02:50

You don't say what form the noise takes - is it loud music or TV, parties? I am assuming you have already spoken to the lad direct. If it is just day to day moving around noises then I don't think there is much to be done.

If you are in a block of flats with a management company there may be something in the management company rules which states that music or whatever cannot be played so it is heard outside the flat during certain hours? As he is renting the place, ask his landlords if there is anything in the tenancy agreement about noise.

If all else fails then you could try your local Council noise abatement department.

john1234 Tue 27-Nov-12 14:07:12

some time is 0230 music, he is on drugs, you can not talk to him he is that hi, i have had this for 14 mouth

absentgrana Tue 27-Nov-12 15:22:02

Keep a noise diary, noting down when disruption starts and ends and what form it takes (television, music, doors banging, shouting, whatever). Then, if you need some sort of back-up about a complaint, you already have some evidence.

vampirequeen Tue 27-Nov-12 15:23:20

Contact your local council. Let them contact him and do the talking.

Frankel Tue 27-Nov-12 15:35:11

The Noise Abatement Society also suggests calling the local authority. They suggest the local authority will have 'a team' to deal with noise complaints.

london Tue 27-Nov-12 15:37:21

john 1234 be carefull because when people like him get complains sometimes it can makes things worse .I had horrid people live next door ,the only thing for me was move .

annodomini Tue 27-Nov-12 15:39:47

Your council's environmental health dept can put in a noise meter which will show the extent of the disruption. They can then take it further and issue a notice to the offender.

glammanana Tue 27-Nov-12 18:35:21

If you are disturbed at 2.30am you are entitled to call the Police and complain about the noise they will come out and see him if you keep on at them,if your flat is owned by a housing association they should have in- house ASB staff who will register your complaint and go and visit the neighbour as it will be in breach of his tenancy,don't tackle him on your own if he is high on something you never know how he will react.Take care.

glammanana Tue 27-Nov-12 18:37:23

Oh and if there are others in the block who are disturbed get them to go en-mass and make a complaint things do tend to be listened too if there are a few of you complaining.

john1234 Tue 27-Nov-12 20:30:31

thank you for all your help, i have done most of it he can get very nasty at times, i call the boy in blue the next time i did not think they would come out, the lady who was in befor me was 92 years old he made her sick she left when to her son i have thout about give him a smack i am 67 he 28 pie in the sky