Gransnet forums

AIBU

WIBU to want this?

(100 Posts)
AlieOxon Wed 05-Dec-12 10:50:28

A cosy retreat that ISN'T about Christmas?

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 13:38:26

Jings perhaps she did...only now it's too late, cos we're all in the mood to chill out at Greatnan's pad. grin

whenim64 Wed 05-Dec-12 13:47:27

I've brought afternoon tea - it was a b***er to get though customs! grin

soop can I try one (or three) of your fancies, please? Here, try these dainty egg and cress, or smoked salmon, sandwiches. I'm putting my feet up for a few minutes then I'm back on baby-sitting duties when they wake up from their nap.

Greatnan that log fire looks wonderful against the backdrop of the mountain snow. My feet are sighing with pleasure grin

AlieOxon Wed 05-Dec-12 13:52:02

(Sorry, been busy.)
jO - Haven't found your inn yet. Or have you gone on ahead?
If so let me know!

As for music, I could go with any of soop or Greatnan's choices, but I don't know feetlebaum's at all....I wonder why not?

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 13:53:12

when Respect! Did you tell the custom's officer that, as a GNetter, you're a VIP. Was he gentle with you when he frisked you? wink

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 13:56:54

Alie We're meeting at Greatnans...please drag bring Jings with you.

jO5 Wed 05-Dec-12 13:59:42

I'm not doing this.

Sorry.

jO5 Wed 05-Dec-12 14:00:01

Thanks for asking th0ugh. smile

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 14:04:21

Okay, jings smile Wherever you decide to party, have fun.

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 14:07:54

As we're all pals in cyber-space, I may also pop into the cosy inn that you mentioned. Throw a log on the fire, jings

Greatnan Wed 05-Dec-12 14:13:52

Soop - how do you know when wanted him to be gentle! grin

whenim64 Wed 05-Dec-12 14:15:10

There's chocolate vodka at the 'you know what' that some Gransnetters want to escape from! I'm fickle enough to enjoy all of it grin

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 14:18:53

Aha! grin

Greatnan Wed 05-Dec-12 14:25:13

We can have chocolate vodka - we can have it all year round!

Greatnan Wed 05-Dec-12 14:29:55

A kindly neighbour knocked to tell me I had left my car window open all night, so I have had to shovel away a three foot wall of snow and spray plenty of de-icer on the window to get it to close! Now I am really ready for some jolly company, music, drink and whatever goodies anyone wants to bring. I hope my driver's seat will dry out by the time I need to use the car!
I had the window open because I was trying reverse into the little space I had cleared in the snow - I am not very good at reversing at the best of times and even my 4 x 4 was having trouble on the snow and ice.
Please park your broom sticks in the hall and walk very carefully!

soop Wed 05-Dec-12 16:15:04

I'm all snuggled down by your fireside Greatnan. Drowsy and happy. As I'm about to nod off, I'll wish you a happy evening with some jolly good company. moon

Greatnan Wed 05-Dec-12 16:25:25

Twilight now (or the gloaming for you soop) and the lights of the chalets are twinkling on the mountains. More than time to raise a toast to Gransnet, GNHQ and all the lovely friends we have made. Bonne Sante.
Shall I draw the curtains, or shall we watch the snow falling gently on the forest?

whenim64 Wed 05-Dec-12 17:02:03

Thanks for your hospitality Greatnan. We must do it again. smile

Greatnan Wed 05-Dec-12 17:34:04

I am standing on the balcony in the snow, watching you all disappear into the snow clouds. I hope your cloaks are warm!

AlieOxon Wed 05-Dec-12 19:58:01

Sorry I went out of touch - too many things happening.
You can take it that I am in front of a warm fire too, in the inn I finally found.....I am not quite sure just where I am, but it's called the Bug and Blanket, and I don't think it's in Suffolk, but its a great place....with 'Strange Cheerful Staff and a Very Nice Cat'....and good music and a glass of - something. Goodnight.

Smoluski Wed 05-Dec-12 20:00:56

alieI am in Norfolk which way you goingxx

Anne58 Wed 05-Dec-12 20:06:53

May not arive until Friday, but to mis quote a Blackadder character played by Rik Mayall, "put a marshmallow on a stick for me, I'll be back in time for supper"

AlieOxon Thu 06-Dec-12 09:47:56

Had a great night - lots of blanket but haven't found the bug...I plan to spend the day in bed recovering from frostbite. Not going anywhere for now Smoluski but will be up this evening.....join me here if you can find it!

Snow permitting of course.
See you later alligator phoenix

AlieOxon Thu 06-Dec-12 09:49:43

I still don't know where this is, but it's friendly and warm.

soop Thu 06-Dec-12 11:32:56

AlieOxon "Friendly and warm..." If only we could arrange for sad and lonely folk to find such a place.

jeni Thu 06-Dec-12 12:18:04

Neil Diamond! Now you're talking. Crackling Rose and that Jewish dance thing please.grin