Gransnet forums

AIBU

I am so cross!

(28 Posts)
Ariadne Tue 18-Dec-12 19:59:13

This is not a great issue, and it will pass, but I need to share it with people who will understand.

I have an arthritic knee which sometimes is really painful. Theseus is awaiting a hip replacement and is often in a lot of pain, and I think I offer lots of sympathy, comfort, and try to ease it. (Halo emoticon)

BUT, just now, I was going up our curved staircase and grabbed a bannister as the knee twinges. The bannister thingy came out of its moorings and I landed on the * knee.

Himself comes out to see what's happened, picks up the bannister thingy, frowns, tuts, puts it back and walks off. "Thanks for the sympathy," say I.

"Oh, are you OK?" says he, disappearing off to the TV. I went off to my bath, and am now back in the sitting room, quietly seething. Aaaagggghhhhh!

Ariadne Fri 21-Dec-12 06:48:00

Ylil I just read your other post, and I can see that you'd understand. But this was a minor thing compared with what you are going through! But yes, the general consensus is just that - men are different. Bless them. Mostly.

janey Fri 21-Dec-12 12:41:26

Having just read your original posting Ariadne it reminded me of something my
DD said a while ago. She had hurt herself(cant remember how) and shouted
in pain. Her OH didnt come running and she said to me that shows how things change when youve been together for while.
They have only been together 7years so what hope do the rest of us have??
Merry Xmas everyone.