Gransnet forums

AIBU

My husband is no nurse

(10 Posts)
Ylil Mon 24-Dec-12 08:48:10

He is much better at everything now, I think you're right, he just needed the adjustment also I'm getting more mobile each day which helps.

cheelu Sun 23-Dec-12 20:08:58

Ylill I think what it is they get stressed and in a muddle which makes them short tempered, as days go on and he gets used to everything things will be much better. Wish you well and hope you get better soon..try and enjoy the break if you can..

Stansgran Sat 22-Dec-12 20:58:12

Lavish praise and thanks-no sarcasm. My DH changed a light bulb on Friday and normally I have to ask many times or give up(not very good at all on stepladders) or have been known to get the electrician in. I tried not to be gobsmacked but it works.

Barrow Sat 22-Dec-12 16:34:37

Aren't they wonderful - some years ago I was feeling particularly unwell with a heavy cold. I told my DH that I was going to bed - his reply? Yes good idea after you have cooked dinner! I won't say what my answer to that was!

Ylil Sat 22-Dec-12 16:28:41

If he hadn't we wouldn't be eating tonight!

Mishap Sat 22-Dec-12 15:30:26

Gone shopping!? - he sounds like a real jewel!

Ylil Sat 22-Dec-12 13:02:14

Thanks for the comments, I think he's begun to realise its not that hard! He's just gone shopping, that will be a different story!!

Mishap Thu 20-Dec-12 21:05:41

Sorry to hear you are in such a bad state at the moment Ylil - I do know how frustrating it can be to be temporarily dependent on OH and to have to stand back (lie back!) and watch them struggle - and yes, fuss - very annoying isn't it? - but I am sure they are trying hard!

Grannyknot Thu 20-Dec-12 21:00:35

oh dear Ylil you do have my sympathy. I was really ill a week or so ago with an unexpected allergic reaction to shellfish (something I've eaten happily all my life). On the day I was feeling particularly poorly but had gone (dragged myself) into nearby Waitrose en route back from the doctor because these was nothing in the house to eat, I phoned my husband to say "I've bought X, Y and Z but when you get home can you please make dinner?" His response was ... "Why?" angry

Ylil Thu 20-Dec-12 19:57:36

I've just had a major op and am totally reliant on my husband. The problem is he makes such a fuss about everything he has to do I almost feel like telling him to just go away. But I can't even get into bed on my own. He's really upsetting me but can't see it. He think he's being wonderful doing stuff I do every day.