Gransnet forums

AIBU

To expect a thread title to give some clue about the contents??

(64 Posts)
Ariadne Tue 05-Mar-13 07:00:58

Not to me.

Ceesnan Tue 05-Mar-13 06:57:31

Does it really matter that much?

kittylester Tue 05-Mar-13 05:23:53

I've probably been guilty of this in the past but, since Jess pleaded for it to stop, I have tried not to do it. What I find difficult, is when something really interesting is happening and I can't remember which cryptic heading it came under. very easily confused

annodomini Tue 05-Mar-13 00:17:43

J08, I have't counted, but if we knew who had started the greatest number of threads and who had made the most posts, it would most likely be you under all your many aliases. And you have the nerve to call someone else 'addicted'! grin

Goose Tue 05-Mar-13 00:03:03

Being 'guilty' of starting the thread 'doing it alone'...I really thought it summed up was I was talking about - obviously not, but really not too botheredgrin

Anne58 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:22:43

I think I have been guilty of that sin on more then one occasion. blush

merlotgran Mon 04-Mar-13 23:22:07

Nor me. I like a bit of mystery.

gillybob Mon 04-Mar-13 23:19:30

I really think its part of the fun when an extremely ambiguous title reveals something rather meaty or slightly crazy. It doesn't bother me at all. smile

j08 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:15:11

Oh my gosh!!! You are heavily addicted. flowers

merlotgran Mon 04-Mar-13 23:14:55

So maybe we could have some guidelines as to how threads should begin? confused

janeainsworth Mon 04-Mar-13 23:11:06

Takes quite a while on a mobile jo8 and uses up the battery too!

j08 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:02:53

Btw jessM started a thread along these lines ages ago.

##ignoreditthen

j08 Mon 04-Mar-13 23:01:42

And how long exactly does it take you to do this clicking on thread titles? In seconds please.

hmm

janeainsworth Mon 04-Mar-13 22:59:14

Does anyone else get exasperated by title threads such as 'I can see some logic in this' or 'could we have' or 'quite interesting lol' or 'I'm glad about this' or 'doing it alone' - titles which could mean almost anything?
A recurring theme is how much time we addicts waste spend on Gransnet and I get cross when I open a thread with a mysterious title, only to find its something inconsequential that I'm not interested in.
Worst of all is when the mystery title introduces a message which contains only a hyperlink to some article which I then have to click on, and then wait till the link opens before discovering I'm not interested in that either!
Rant over!
grin