Gransnet forums

AIBU

To think that parents should not abuse children in this way?

(43 Posts)
Lilygran Thu 11-Jul-13 14:22:22

And how about this one? www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2360079/Beauty-queens-tears-banned-school-prom-missed-lessons-mother-ringing-childrens-services-complain.html

sunseeker Thu 11-Jul-13 14:04:31

I know what you mean Sel but I am also aware that it is very easy to have lovely theories when you don't actually have to do the job!

Aka Thu 11-Jul-13 14:03:48

I think you've already says it all.
And Sunseeker sometimes someone looking at the situation from a 'outsider' (hope that does not offend) view point can see the situation much more clearly than others.

Sel Thu 11-Jul-13 13:37:44

sunseeker if we all adopted your policy of leaving those with experience to comment, it would be a quiet place grin

Nonu Thu 11-Jul-13 13:32:49

I know what you mean .

sunseeker Thu 11-Jul-13 13:10:28

Thanks Nonu - I do sometimes refrain from commenting on some threads, preferring to leave the comments to those with the experience!

Nonu Thu 11-Jul-13 12:45:01

Not at all Sunseeker , you as much entitled to your opinion as the next .

smile

sunseeker Thu 11-Jul-13 12:16:23

Not being a mother myself I may be out of order commenting on this but it does seem to me that the child has been indulged all her life. It will probably be harder for the mother to set boundaries now but she really needs to try for the childs sake.

I agree that writing about it in a national newspaper will not help and could make the child live up to the reputation.

Nonu Thu 11-Jul-13 12:13:24

BIG , BIG mistake to do that , Ana .

IMO

whenim64 Thu 11-Jul-13 11:54:59

Spoiled rotten? How do you go about spoiling a child to make them rotten? The poor kid has been inconsistently parented and might be more active than most children, but she has been taught to demand material things and not been sufficiently guided to understand appropriate behaviour. That's a form of child abuse.

noodles Thu 11-Jul-13 11:51:14

Stupid parents and poor child. Now she has to live up to that reputation. This horrible article will follow her wherever she goes.

Life must be very hard when you have such an attention seeking mother.

janthea Thu 11-Jul-13 11:48:10

'Spoiled Princess Syndrome' Obviously spoiled rotten from birth and now run rings around her mother.

I mentioned the article to my daughter, who said exactly the same as me.

Ana Thu 11-Jul-13 11:44:29

What was this woman thinking? And the child's identity out there for all to see...

whenim64 Thu 11-Jul-13 11:39:27

Sigh.....why do parents use such an outlet to say they need some support, why do journalists promote the notion that active children who haven't learned, or been given, boundaries should be demonised in public? Why not publish a story that demonstrates how parents can learn how to care for children who are challenging their abilities? It is tough sometimes, but this isn't how to make it easier!

Butty Thu 11-Jul-13 11:30:57

I gave up reading this article after the word 'terrorising'. Ridiculous use of the word.

Nonu Thu 11-Jul-13 11:18:50

Strikes me, she has been spoilt rotton , as the "longed for" girl .

How anyone could wash their dirty linen in public like this , is beyound me.

Still , the nice fat cheque will "Help" no doubt !!

bluebell Thu 11-Jul-13 11:04:11

Oh s* - still a stupid woman!

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2359570/My-demon-daughter-Many-mothers-boys-long-little-girl-careful-wish-says-besotted-battle-weary-mother.html

bluebell Thu 11-Jul-13 11:02:51

Or newspapers encourage them to do so?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2359570/My-demon-daughter-Many-mothers-boys-long-little-girl-careful-wish-says-besotted-battle-weary-mother.html