Gransnet forums

AIBU

Birthday let down

(31 Posts)
KatyK Tue 23-Jul-13 18:08:28

Happy birthday for tomorrow Anne. At least she wants to celebrate with you, I can't imagine my daughter wanting to spend my birthday with me!

Bags Tue 23-Jul-13 17:22:18

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Anne. And remember this: you have done nothing wrong. Eat cupcake, drink wine and brew and be merry! flowers

Gorki Tue 23-Jul-13 17:19:26

Happy Birthday Anne and don't let anybody spoil it .flowers

sunseeker Tue 23-Jul-13 17:16:33

Happy birthday for tomorrow - don't let her spoil your day flowers

Anne58 Tue 23-Jul-13 16:53:26

Oh Anne don't let it get to you, and every good wish for your birthday tomorrow!

Anne09 Tue 23-Jul-13 16:45:09

Hi gransnet friend feeling really down today. Hubby away back to America for four weeks. He took me out for a lovely bar lunch yesterday but darling daughter presumed we were all going . So as you can see we are bad parents. We had a family BBQ on Saturday bouncy castles all family so why are we made to feel guilty because hubby wanted to go on our own. I mean the kids have been at our house every day for the last three weeks eating both lunch and dinner . So the out come is I'm dreading tomorrow which should be my birthday as I think she is going to do her best to spoil it. So I feel like running away so I don't have to see them. What she forgets is she has two brothers who never seem to have my full attention. I thought life would be easier but it just seems to be one drama or another her way or no way. This happens every now and again so you would think I be used to it. I will wait and see what tomorrow brings joy or sadness but I'll wish myself a happy birthday . Anne09 wineflowers for me xx